Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The NFL football season is upon us, which means it's time again for MR Fantasy Football. Due to an overwhelming response from forum members this year we have expanded to three leagues.

This thread will be for the Hardware League and includes the following team owners:

Macrumors Hardware League:

PowerPC Division
  • HarryPot
  • Dontazemebro
  • mscriv
  • rockyroad55
  • creator2456

Intel Division
  • Peace
  • grapes911
  • Dandaman
  • The Californian
  • jrswizzle

The draft is scheduled for 8/25/13 at 5:00 PM US Central Time.

Draft Order
  1. Peace
  2. jrswizzle
  3. grapes911
  4. The Californian
  5. HarryPot
  6. rockyroad55
  7. creator2456
  8. Dandaman
  9. mscriv
  10. Dontazemebro

The league is active and invitations have been sent out via email. Please join the league and ensure that you can access your team. If you have any questions or problems let me know. Don't wait until the last minute to check your team and mess up the draft for everyone else. Make sure everything is working as it's supposed to and let me know if something is wrong.

If you are playing in the Founders League then please click here for the 2013 season thread.

If you are playing in the Mac OS League then please click here for the 2013 season thread.

All the best to everyone. Have a great season and don't get mad at the end when I'm holding the trophy! :D

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Allright, all three leagues are active and invitations have been sent out via email. Each league has a corresponding thread here in the community forum and the first post reflects which league that thread will follow. I have edited the first post of the already existing threads to reflect the changes and expansion of the league. Feel free to post in any of the threads as we are all a part of the MR Fantasy Football community, but please be consistently active in your specific league's thread.

If you have any questions let me know.

Sincerely,

The Commish... mscriv

----------

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Da Bears !! Ditka.Love the guy !

I'd like to say hello to my fellow league members and wish them all the best..

----

-----

-----

-----

In their defeat.

/famous last words

And a big thank you to mscriv for setting all this up !

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
All the best to everyone. Have a great season and don't get mad at the end when I'm holding the trophy! :D

You do have three chances to win vs. our one........

/famous last words

I'll see to that!

Welcome newcomers and veterans alike. Just a reminder to those that may not be able to make the draft, please set your pre-draft player rankings and draft auto pick strategy. I've done mine even though I expect to be able to attend. It really makes the draft go quicker and is more fun through the year since everyone gets a team they wanted (more or less ;))

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Sorry I was late getting in! Thanks for the invite - I look forward to getting to know you guys while simultaneously wiping the floor with you!

-Dez Dispensers aka Hardware League 2014 Champions!-

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sorry I was late getting in! Thanks for the invite - I look forward to getting to know you guys while simultaneously wiping the floor with you!

-Dez Dispensers aka Hardware League 2014 Champions!-

Allright, jrswizzle... we need to talk. The first rule of playing MR Fantasy Football is to be active in the forum so that playing in the league is more fun. It's hard to be active when you are... IN TIME OUT. Let's do our best to stop getting in trouble with the moderators, sound good. :cool:

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 9.59.40 AM.png

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I can't wait for the season to start. NFL really makes my life merrier. And Fantasy Football, well, it just makes the whole experience merrier. And then the fact of winning, which I always do...:)

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome newcomers and veterans alike. Just a reminder to those that may not be able to make the draft, please set your pre-draft player rankings and draft auto pick strategy.

Done that! I read somewhere in the other thread that this guy Tebow is the new rising-star... so first pick it is.:p

Still, I do hope to make it to the live draft.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You do have three chances to win vs. our one........

The perks of being commissioner! :p

Alas, we've been doing the MR leagues for years and I've yet to bring home a trophy. :( You folks really are pretty tough competition, but don't tell anyone I said that.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Having never played fantasy anything seriously, I'm excited............ excited to lose to nobody. :p

Do you guys do the draft on the computer or mobile? I won't be able to make it to a computer at that time, but was wondering if I could do the pre-picks beforehand on my iPad.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Having never played fantasy anything seriously, I'm excited............ excited to lose to nobody. :p

Do you guys do the draft on the computer or mobile? I won't be able to make it to a computer at that time, but was wondering if I could do the pre-picks beforehand on my iPad.

I don't yet have an iPad so I use a computer. I believe the ESPN draft app uses flash so I don't think you can draft on an iPad. I would suggest those of you who want to use an iPad do some serious testing and see what options you will have instead of waiting until the last minute.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire

I don't yet have an iPad so I use a computer. I believe the ESPN draft app uses flash so I don't think you can draft on an iPad. I would suggest those of you who want to use an iPad do some serious testing and see what options you will have instead of waiting until the last minute.
The ESPN site has mock drafts running all the time, so if you're wanting to use an iPad it might be an idea to try those to see if everything works as it should.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Everyone has responded to the league invite except for Dontazemebro. We need you to accept the invite and join the league before we can proceed with the draft.

Screen Shot 2013-08-23 at 10.39.39 PM.png

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just sent you an email mscriv and all day Sunday is good for me.

Everyone has responded to the league invite except for Dontazemebro. We need you to accept the invite and join the league before we can proceed with the draft.

View attachment 429759

Right now this league can not draft because you haven't yet responded to the invitation and joined the league. If you have not received one of the multiple invitations I've sent out then please let me know ASAP. I'm using the email address that you PM'd me. All team owners must have joined the league an hour prior to draft time in order for the draft to unlock and for us to proceed. We will lose our draft spot if you don't join before then.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
I've been searching everywhere and can't find where the Draft link is on the ESPN page.

Does it appear in the main league page 1 hour before?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Theres a live draft lobby but I don't see our league listed.

[edit] go to the league page and it says the draft lobby is now open

[/edit]

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Great draft everyone. We have 8 of 10 make it and things went smooth. I'll post some analysis later.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.