Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
So! Anyone else playing it? The UK Steam version unlocked at 2300 last night.

The whole intro section is brilliant, never laughed so much at a game :). The main game itself is a little same-y but it has that Just Cause 2 addictive base takeover element, I just find myself doing that for hours.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I finished it last night with 90 some percent completion in about 22 hours. I think I'm only missing the co-op sidequests. The main quest didn't really feel all that long and I really missed the crib customization from the prior games. Sure it didn't do anything but it kind of felt like a visual representation of where you were at.

That being said, the game made me laugh quite a bit, especially during some of the Pierce loyalty missions (spoiler) and the end in-game cinematic (spoiler). I may go through and try for gold on some of the side missions now but there's really not too much point I guess.

Overall it was fun and I'm glad I played it... I'm just waiting for more DLC and then onwards to #5!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I finished it last night with 90 some percent completion in about 22 hours.

:eek::eek: Do you ever sleep? :)

Did you collect all 1,200 or so of those blue power up thingies, and did collecting more give you improved powers of some sort? I find myself getting side tracked very time I go somewhere trying to grab up more of those things.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
:eek::eek: Do you ever sleep? :)

Did you collect all 1,200 or so of those blue power up thingies, and did collecting more give you improved powers of some sort? I find myself getting side tracked very time I go somewhere trying to grab up more of those things.

Yeah I collected all of them. It does improve your powers quite a bit.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So is it worth picking up?

The fact its more li e crackdown is what has me interested, sadly I normally get bored with previous Saints Row & even GTA open world games.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So is it worth picking up?

The fact its more li e crackdown is what has me interested, sadly I normally get bored with previous Saints Row & even GTA open world games.

I'm really enjoying it so far. If crude, potty humor offends you... this is not the game for you though. :p

I recently finished Crackdown (part of the free XBox Gold this month) and I would say it is similar in concept, but much much larger with a lot more to do. I got bored toward the end of Crackdown, but SR IV is keeping me entertained.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Loved the Saints Row series since the first one. IV isn't letting me down so far. Packed full of jokes as always and Zinyak is the most badass alien I've seen. I know I'm going to spend many hours in this game.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
There is an awesome gun that is really small that is hidden as an easter egg.
It's really powerful :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Can't believe it..... Sold out everywhere I went to buy it today !!!!

Edit... Oh well Steam it is. Downloading now :)

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well I ended up picking it up on the PS3 too. It plays better on my PS3 than it does on my MacPro ? Go figure ? Very enjoyable so far.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
So I didn't start playing until a week after it came out (was too busy levelling my Lancer on FFXIV). I got to the point where I "romanced" Kinzie.... I giggled so much, I woke my GF. I explained why I was laughing, and she rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me.

Those of you who romanced Shaundi, am I the only one who thought it was strangely poignant and touching?

I love the fact that Pierce reacted to my ladyPres' the same way he reacted to my little brother's dudePres.

"I don't normally swing that way, but **** it, I'm down"

Again, cackled far too much.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I am playing The Third right now, loving it!

Does IV have a character import feature, like the Mass Effect series? Want to keep my guy's good looks, but it would be a pain to recreate.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I am playing The Third right now, loving it!

Does IV have a character import feature, like the Mass Effect series? Want to keep my guy's good looks, but it would be a pain to recreate.

Yes and no. Instead of it being a direct import feature like Mass Effect, you can upload your character design to the Saints Row website from inside SR the Third, then when you log into SR4 you can download it.

Go to saintsrow.com set up an account, if you don't already have one. Make sure your PSN/XBL/Steam account is linked to your SaintsRow.com account. Upload your Boss, it'll show up in the website (My Steelport > Characters), under My Created Characters, there should be a + in the Queue column, hit that and it should show up in Your Downloadable Character Queue.

From that point, when you're in SR4 you'll be able to download your SR3 character.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.