Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1
serkan
macrumors regular

iOS 7 and Twitter

Hello guys ;

I have a guestion. When I have iOS 6 we had a tweet sendind part at the notification center when we swipe down. In iOS 7 we dont have that ? Or anybody know how can I put that part in my notification center and send tweets from there.

Thnx
serkan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:18 AM   #2
jbenkelman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by serkan View Post
Hello guys ;

I have a guestion. When I have iOS 6 we had a tweet sendind part at the notification center when we swipe down. In iOS 7 we dont have that ? Or anybody know how can I put that part in my notification center and send tweets from there.

Thnx
They took it out at the start of the beta cycle for iOS 7. Since its not actually a "notification" it didn't really belong in the Notification Center.

Some people still have a glimmer of hope that its coming back, but I think we wont be seeing it again.

You can always just have Siri tweet for you.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Tander
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenkelman View Post
They took it out at the start of the beta cycle for iOS 7. Since its not actually a "notification" it didn't really belong in the Notification Center.

Some people still have a glimmer of hope that its coming back, but I think we wont be seeing it again.

One could argue that sending a message to twitter / Fb is a notification - just its outgoing not incoming
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Merkie
macrumors 65816

I think Apple should remove the "Missed" tab (it is useless imo) and instead add widgets that users can put there.
Merkie is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:57 AM   #5
serkan
macrumors regular

Personally I used it pretty much and I liked it a lot . İt was fast and easy for me. Lets just hope that they put that back
serkan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:01 PM   #6
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

I used it everyday and really miss it.

Fastest way to tweet in my opinion...
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Riverton
macrumors member

In absolutely hated those widgets. Neither had full functionality. They felt half-baked and abandoned by Apple, never to be fixed or updated.
Riverton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:17 PM   #8
C DM
macrumors G5

Just a little ways down the first page of the iOS 7 sub-forum: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17775649
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:10 AM   #9
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverton View Post
In absolutely hated those widgets. Neither had full functionality. They felt half-baked and abandoned by Apple, never to be fixed or updated.
They worked fine for me......
fraggot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Tomn94
macrumors newbie

I really miss Twitter one.

But yes, they were « half-baked ».
For example you could write a tweet them lock or push Home button (the Notification Center disappears) and you lost what you wrote.
If there was a network issue, a pop-up message proposed to retry, but you had to retry immediately and not later (you couldn’t activate Wi-Fi/3G meanwhile, or copy the message for later).
Tomn94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:46 PM   #11
Smwdesigns
macrumors member

Quote:

Who actually uses Siri to tweet.. Siri can't handle most the things you ask or tell her without getting something wrong. So what makes you think she'll get a tweet right?
Smwdesigns is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:51 PM   #12
zamudiovsky
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smwdesigns View Post
Who actually uses Siri to tweet.. Siri can't handle most the things you ask or tell her without getting something wrong. So what makes you think she'll get a tweet right?
I do, and she gets it right every time, even when you mention people, it works perfectly
zamudiovsky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:52 PM   #13
dannyyankou
macrumors 68030

It wasn't really complete. It would've been much better if you could retweet/favorite/reply to tweets from Notification Center.
dannyyankou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 01:04 PM   #14
jbenkelman
macrumors regular

Quote:
What makes me think she can get it right...is all the times she gets it right?

I use Siri to tweet. When I can't use my hands because I'm operating a ton of metal going 65 mph around other people who trust me to be driving. I use Siri to tweet if need be.
jbenkelman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 01:08 PM   #15
Smwdesigns
macrumors member

Quote:
What makes me think she can get it right...is all the times she gets it right?

I use Siri to tweet. When I can't use my hands because I'm operating a ton of metal going 65 mph around other people who trust me to be driving. I use Siri to tweet if need be.
If you're operating a ton of metal going at 65 mph you should be focused on that and not talking to Siri to send out a tweet.
Smwdesigns is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 05:08 PM   #16
nheilweil
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If you're operating a ton of metal going at 65 mph you should be focused on that and not talking to Siri to send out a tweet.
#screeeeeeeeech #ihaznoinsurance
nheilweil is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:54 AM   #17
BlankStar
macrumors member

But sometimes you really need to tweet something immediatly, you can't wait, some tweets are a matter of life and death. The world will end if it's not tweeted at that exact moment...

BlankStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:38 AM   #18
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankStar View Post
But sometimes you really need to tweet something immediatly, you can't wait, some tweets are a matter of life and death. The world will end if it's not tweeted at that exact moment...

Finally, someone gets it.

/s
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:32 AM   #19
ITALIAN9
macrumors newbie

Red face

I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.[img]****************65pFOd[/img]
ITALIAN9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 05:55 PM   #20
Chocolatemilty
macrumors 6502

I really do hope the iOS team puts this functionality back somewhere in the UI, be it Control Center or Notification Center. It's things like that that continues to make this phone a smartphone. Updating and tweeting without needing to open the entire app and load it up was a great smartphone feature. Going backwards in that regard is silly to me.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:58 PM   #21
uhaas
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIAN9 View Post
I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.Image
We have a winner! When we GA, there will be status update-gate.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7