Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Expansive Photo Gallery Highlights Numerous Alleged iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C Parts

Sonny Dickson has posted a new gallery of nearly 70 photos showing parts allegedly from Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. While many of the parts and even some of the individual photos have been seen previously, the gallery provides a good look at the various parts apparently making their way out of Apple's supply chain.

The photos include rear shells of both new iPhone models at various angles, as well as parts such as screens, flex cables and connectors, and SIM trays. The shots of both phones appear to be consistent with various leaks and reports throughout the past few months, and are claimed to be "direct from sources within Apple's supply chain".

Quote:
You're looking at our most extensive iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C part leak yet, with a variety of ribbon cables and components, including the entire intact casings, vibration motor, audio jack, SIM trays, the front and rear cameras, the mounts to attach all of the components to the casing, and more. Nearly everything except the logic board - even the screens!
The shots notably show the back housing of the alleged "gold" iPhone 5S, which appears to be similar to parts that surfaced yesterday showing a "champagne" color for the back plate along with a white top and bottom. The iPhone 5S pictured appears to have a dual LED flash, something that has been rumored and seen in a leaked prototype. The shots also show the rear shell of a blue iPhone 5C complete with separated parts, all of which is consistent with prior reports and leaks about the phone.

Apple will reportedly unveil the next-generation iPhone on September 10, and will likely unveil not only the iPhone 5S but also the lower-cost plastic iPhone 5C. Both devices are also rumored to launch in the first wave of markets on September 20.

Article Link: Expansive Photo Gallery Highlights Numerous Alleged iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C Parts
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2
clunkmess
macrumors regular

we get it already... a new iPhone is coming.
clunkmess is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
jav6454
macrumors G5

Nice to know the "5S" is still showing up
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Oldfash33
macrumors member

Still no pics of the front
Oldfash33 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:35 AM   #5
boshii
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfash33 View Post
Exactly. Why are there never pics of the front?
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:39 AM   #6
irfaanfaki
macrumors member

Still no pics of iPhone 6 😁
irfaanfaki is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:42 AM   #7
lewisd25
macrumors 6502

I'm not a fan of Champagne/White color combination. Hopefully Apple also makes a Champagne/Black version...
lewisd25 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:43 AM   #8
Xenc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
There are photos of the front in the article source.

http://sonnydickson.com/2013/08/23/u...eens-included/
Xenc is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:43 AM   #9
heyitsfez
macrumors member

Just by looking at the shot of the back with the dual led flash I guess we can assume that most of the current ip5 cases won't fit/will interfere with the new flash, sucks that I'll probably have to get a new case :/
heyitsfez is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:43 AM   #10
GuitarDTO
macrumors 6502a

One more thing....

5" version please.
GuitarDTO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:44 AM   #11
BMcCoy
macrumors 6502

Hopefully we'll not see any leaks of the home button/fingerprint sensor, so there's still one surprise left in the keynote..!

---

Errr... is the home button different enough from the iPhone 5 button to suggest a fingerprint sensor is incorporated?

Last edited by BMcCoy; Aug 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
BMcCoy is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:46 AM   #12
rotax
macrumors member

What I want to know, more so than most of the common new features touted is, will the CDMA / Verizon version of the phone contain the required dual antennas to support both voice and LTE data like competitor models do, OR, if there will be hardware support for Voice Over LTE - VOLTE that would achieve the same thing. This is my only regret having switched from AT&T. I also would love to now if VOLTE will solve AT&T's dropped call problems and not create any dropped call problems for carriers in general, which is the main reason I switched.
rotax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:49 AM   #13
nagromme
macrumors G5

An iPhone 4-ish two-tone black and champagne would have looked better than white and champagne. I miss the two-tone black option.
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Vctr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Probably because the front is just a screen ... ?
Vctr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:52 AM   #15
ValSalva
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by clunkmess View Post
Yes, but let's look at yet more photos of the SIM tray and volume buttons! This won't end until September 10th so we better get used to it.
ValSalva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:55 AM   #16
VacTacks11
macrumors member

This is exactly why I sold my iPhone 5 and switched to the HTC One. I'm disappointed by the screen size.

It's not that I think Android is the better OS; it's that the iPhone is just small now. I don't need a screen size like the monstrosity that is the Note 2, but the 4" on the 5 feels cramped when I compare it to the 4.7" on my One. The extra .35" on either size makes a difference, and this is what disappoints me about the iPhone 5S or C or whatever its called.

Apple says they want to give their customers the best one-handed experience, and I get that. And maybe I just have giant hands, but on the One I can reach the top apps without straining my thumbs. I get that not everyone has my sized hands, but my point is the one-handed argument isn't what it was in the past.

It's been a challenge getting my iOS ecosystem ported over to Android, and Android is a hell of a lot less convenient. But here I am, looking at my One, knowing full well that I'm settling for it, but what else can I do? The bigger screen on this phone makes a huge difference. And that's not hyperbole.

Maybe the 6 will have a larger 4.5-4.7" screen. I hope it does. If it does, I'll happily come back.
VacTacks11 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:58 AM   #17
bnnentertainmen
macrumors regular

is it just me or that black color iphone 5s does have a new and better finishing. i'm a bit worried, why havent we seen any fingerprint scanner leaks (i mean, someone using that feature)
bnnentertainmen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:58 AM   #18
everything-i
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd25 View Post
I'm not a fan of Champagne/White color combination. Hopefully Apple also makes a Champagne/Black version...
I was thinking that as well. We can hope
everything-i is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:02 AM   #19
BJMRamage
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacTacks11 View Post
This is exactly why I sold my iPhone 5 and switched to the HTC One. I'm disappointed by the screen size.

I am testing a Samsung Galaxy S4 for a month and notice I have to adjust my hand to reach from top to bottom.

It is GREAT for video watching and looking at 16:9 photos though.
*and makes my iPhone 4 feel tiny*
BJMRamage is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:12 AM   #20
calaverasgrande
macrumors 65816

geez, how long until we get a Jersey Shore approved Ed Hardy iPhone?

Seriously, I actually prefer that blue iPhone over the "champagne" version.
But then I don't have spinners on my rims, and what rims my car does have involve these old-timey gadgets called "hubcaps".
calaverasgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:22 AM   #21
tbrand7
macrumors 6502

70 Pictures? So much for Tim Cook "Doubling Down" on secrecy.
iPad Air- 128 GB, Celluar
tbrand7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:26 AM   #22
Millah
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcCoy View Post
Hopefully we'll not see any leaks of the home button/fingerprint sensor, so there's still one surprise left in the keynote..!

---

Errr... is the home button different enough from the iPhone 5 button to suggest a fingerprint sensor is incorporated?

Yes, did you look at the length of the ribbon cable and the number of pins on the connector at the end? Way longer than the current ribbon cable, even longer than the iPads I believe. And the number of pins on the connector has also increased.

That suggests there's more going on in the home button than previous iPhones, which had a much simpler/shorter cable.
Millah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:49 AM   #23
BMcCoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millah View Post
Yes, did you look at the length of the ribbon cable and the number of pins on the connector at the end? Way longer than the current ribbon cable, even longer than the iPads I believe. And the number of pins on the connector has also increased.

That suggests there's more going on in the home button than previous iPhones, which had a much simpler/shorter cable.

Yup, you're right...

BMcCoy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:50 AM   #24
bchery21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by clunkmess View Post
Believe it or not, there are visitors perusing the site. Old news for us, yes, but potentially these leaks can be new for them.
bchery21 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:03 PM   #25
blue22
macrumors 6502

where art thou camera specs...

Where's the alleged camera specs update part in photos??? I'm more interested in that than the new color option.
blue22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion