Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The best carrier is whichever ones provides the needed coverage. It's going to vary from person to person just as best does on any subject.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
There's no such thing as a "best" carrier. Like the user said above it all depends on where you live and how the coverage is. I guess "best" can correspond to a carrier's customer service ratings.

downyball

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2013
SF/EBay
I found it best to talk with people who had iPhones at work, and around town - asking them which carrier they had, how was the coverage, etc. I've gotten the most reliable information so far doing this. Kind of helps if you're not shy, too...

;)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
It all depends on the area where you will be using the phone the most. Verizon has the most coverage overall, but there are still plenty of spots where AT&T has good service and Verizon has terrible service, or even spots where both AT&T and Verizon are bad but Sprint or T-Mobile or some other small local carrier has coverage.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
For me, it's T-Mobile who has managed to get me LTE where I can not get LTE on AT&T. I get edge speeds here on AT&T and Verizon. See what they mean about location and personal experiences? Don't rely on Carrier coverage maps, they over exaggerate coverage.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Depends on your location and needs. Verizon has the broadest coverage but do you really need LTE in Montana or West Virginia? If not then it's a moot point.

Tmobile works best for me because the data speeds are consistently fast and it's unlimited with no worries of overages. Being cheaper than AT&T and Verizon is an added bonus.

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Depends on your location and needs. Verizon has the broadest coverage but do you really need LTE in Montana or West Virginia? If not then it's a moot point.

Tmobile works best for me because the data speeds are consistently fast and it's unlimited with no worries of overages. Being cheaper than AT&T and Verizon is an added bonus.

Who said anything about Montana or West Virginia?

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
This is why carriers have trial periods. Just try out one of them, if you don't get decent coverage in the areas you go, then return the phone.

In general, Verizon's LTE footprint is FAR ahead of any of the others, but again it depends on your area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.