Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Not to get mixed up with the other 'first 350D shots' thread :)

I somehow managed to get my camera talking to my PC and I've been taking some practice shots stuck in the Study. The same software doesn't work on my laptop and the Mac version is a no-go on my PowerBook. CameraWindow? Just doesn't want to work.

But anyways! I've taken some test shots just to see the quality of the image... I'm rather impressed with this camera. :)

My drink of choice. in its lovely green-ness

My dog! I just love this shot. i think its kinda funny, and perhaps its just because I took the shot but i can imagine the noise she's making :D

I've been playing around with 30" exposures in a pitch black room with a mini-torch :D mucho fun! me and my sister writing our names in lights. all fun!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Jimmi

It would be much easier for those of us without 30" monitors, if you resized em or cropped them at 100%... ;)

Glad to see that you found a way of getting a few shots - I'd like to see the 30 second exposure ones. I did a couple of 'long-ish' exposures in Vegas to get the car lights blurring - but my little P&S only does 15 seconds max.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Its really hard to tell the quality of the photos from your camera with those photos, and that includes the one taken of your drink. I think my Canon point and shoot would take a photo equally as good as that one. I can also do that candle/drawing in mid-air stuff with my Canon, and its not even that expensive.

Again, its just hard to tell. Glad you're having fun, though. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.