Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Where did the translucent dock go?

From the iOS 7 video played at WWDC it sure looks like the dock is more translucent than we've seen in any beta. What gives?

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2
C DM
macrumors G3

You must have followed at least some of the many discussions about it here. It was never present in any of the released betas (so far), just in the keynote and demo/ad materials. That's pretty much all there is to it (again, at least so far).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Will2145
macrumors 6502

Yes I keep waiting and waiting for the dock they show at the keynote every beta. Hopefully beta 7
Will2145 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:18 AM   #4
teknikal90
macrumors 65816

iOS 7 reminds me of the old days when Sony used to demo prerendered videos and demo them as running real time on the playstation 3.
Then the actual game drops and even though the developers really did outdo themselves, its just not the same as the demo videos and people get disappointed.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:09 AM   #5
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
You must have followed at least some of the many discussions about it here. It was never present in any of the released betas (so far), just in the keynote and demo/ad materials. That's pretty much all there is to it (again, at least so far).
I know. That's what perplexes me. I hope we see it in GM as it's so much better.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:57 AM   #6
hellomoto4
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5S-exclusive.

iPhone 5s
iPad Air
MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid 2012)
hellomoto4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 07:27 AM   #7
MarcusCarpenter
macrumors 6502

Personally think it looks better as is, full transparency won't fit right. Didn't they change all the transparency settings in Beta5 ? Didn't really use the other betas fully due to issues but if i remember correctly when i had Beta1 everything seemed more transparent that it does now
Maybe i'm wrong
Old Aug 24, 2013, 08:21 AM   #8
springsup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
From the iOS 7 video played at WWDC it sure looks like the dock is more translucent than we've seen in any beta. What gives?

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.
That video is just an illustration (likely made with Flash or something). What you see on that video almost certainly never existed in code.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 04:08 AM   #9
benji888
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by springsup View Post
That video is just an illustration (likely made with Flash or something). What you see on that video almost certainly never existed in code.
I don't know about that, the demos looked better too, I think it was just an iOS 7 beta at the keynote that was optimized only for the functions they demoed.

The transparency is slightly less blurred with the folders, I think since beta 5...I think, iPhone 5 & up, at least, it will be less blurred than beta 6...I sure hope so, I don't like the dock at all, reminds me of iOS 3...they could take all the blur away, or add a dang slider, let us adjust it how we want, as far as I'm concerned, just have a very slight white frosted look there.

Anyone notice the new youtube app has a much more transparent look to the bars? I hope the rest of iOS7 gets to be like this!! ...Ok, posting pics...

THIS is how it should be done: (notice you just barely see a bar over light areas, but not as much over dark?)
benji888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 04:43 AM   #10
Paddle1
macrumors 6502a

It looks like it's just a CG image.
Paddle1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 04:47 AM   #11
fullauto
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle1 View Post
It looks like it's just a CG image.Image
There's certainly not as much depth with parallax in these betas, horizontal pan effects are almost nil using a 4S / iPad mini. Could that sort of depth really be achieved?
fullauto is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:20 AM   #12
KeanosMagicHat
macrumors 6502a

I was hoping it was going to be a little more translucent on the 4S at GM, but sadly not.

I use the standard pinstripe suit background at the moment and it illustrates this perfectly as the dock is only translucent at the edges and the folders seem to have become slightly more solid (sadly).
KeanosMagicHat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7