Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1
maria122285
macrumors newbie

two apple TVs on two separate TVs question

This may sound like a dumb question, but I really want to get an apple TV I have my main apple ID account I want to use it with, where all my movies are which will be upstairs in my room and I would like to run my apple id (and iTunes) and my ipad mini on it ( via airplay i think) thats fine. But downstairs on a diffrent tv i want to get another apple tv that would be logged on to my itunes account, sometimes at the same time, watching things from my iTunes. Now i have a ipad retnia display that is linked to another apple id which has no purchases that i want to be able to airplay onto the regular tv via the apple TV. but can i still log on two the apple tv downstairs with the same itunes account on the apple tv upstairs? sorry if the question is confusing.
maria122285 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Deadeyeshark
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria122285 View Post
This may sound like a dumb question, but I really want to get an apple TV I have my main apple ID account I want to use it with, where all my movies are which will be upstairs in my room and I would like to run my apple id (and iTunes) and my ipad mini on it ( via airplay i think) thats fine. But downstairs on a diffrent tv i want to get another apple tv that would be logged on to my itunes account, sometimes at the same time, watching things from my iTunes. Now i have a ipad retnia display that is linked to another apple id which has no purchases that i want to be able to airplay onto the regular tv via the apple TV. but can i still log on two the apple tv downstairs with the same itunes account on the apple tv upstairs? sorry if the question is confusing.
I have five Apple TVs all logged into the same account, l can access all my paid or content perfectly. You will be able to AirPlay your content from your ipad from a different Apple ID, however I'm not sure if you will run into problems if its protected content purchased from iTunes..,
Deadeyeshark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 01:53 AM   #3
Macman45
macrumors G5

As above...we have 2 ATV 3's with two accounts on each..one mine, one my fiancees....they can both use either account simultaneously, or log in to mine in the bedroom, or hers in the living room etc. Your setup will work fine.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 08:04 AM   #4
wrinkster22
macrumors 68030

It will work. Think about it: Husband one account, wife another account in the same house. Good luck
Old Aug 24, 2013, 02:42 PM   #5
martinm0
macrumors 6502

I think another point being asked was can you stream media from a mobile device that isn't on the same iTunes account as the Apple TV? And the answer is yes. Devices can stream to any Apple TV (unless someone puts a passcode on it).
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater