Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Late in the night, decided to pull out iPad and lay on the bed. Browsing online, find some good anime to watch. So decidd opening torrenting app (yes, torrenting app, no jailbreak required). But 29 minutes later, iOS decide to stop my torrenting app to free up memory. So my download stoped. Come on, Apple, let background download possible, I don't want staying my torrent app until it finish downloads. Background video playback is possible, why not background downloading?

image_zps89b45c5e.jpg

In case you wondering, this is the torrent app I am using. Yes, this app is Chinese made, but it is awesome. It compatible with HTTP, torrent, e2dk, FTP and so on... Chinese people comes up some really great stuff.

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Background downloading has been available ever since iOS 4 though. :confused:

I think the OP means the downloads are timing out...this has been a niggle for a while now...if you choose multiple downloads, Itunes frequently stalls or kicks you out completely....You can resume the download from where it stopped though. Had the same thing downloading our library from the cloud.

DarkJaye

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
iOS 7 solves this problem with background transfer, but apps have to be updated to use the new APIs.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
OP: Your link is broken and does not display.

The App is called Xunlei. Here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/xun-lei-zui-kuai-xia-zai-gong-ju/id593444693?mt=8

The app is in Chinese though... The best thug about this app is that it has built in browser, so you can go to any torrenting site, download he torrent file and stat downloading. If you pay for membership, it will find seeds on their server speeding up download speed.

I did quick translation on the UI...

image_zps89b45c5ecopy_zps5d611977.jpg

----------

Is the app name in Chinese or Japanese? :( :eek:
I can't tell them apart

It is in Chinese.

Last edited:

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
The App is called Xunlei. Here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/xun-lei-zui-kuai-xia-zai-gong-ju/id593444693?mt=8

The app is in Chinese though... The best thug about this app is that it has built in browser, so you can go to any torrenting site, download he torrent file and stat downloading. If you pay for membership, it will find seeds on their server speeding up download speed.

I did quick translation on the UI...

----------

It is in Chinese.

how did you manage to decipher those weird looking letters?! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.