Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Every time I write "can" on iOS, including my iPad and iPhone it autocorrects it to Cn.

Is there anyway I can get rid of this its so annoying. I tried writing can loads of times and pressing the little x but it still does it.

Cheers

joshforman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2012
Maybe try writing the wrong word and then deleting it and replacing it with the right one.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There's really no way of removing just one bad correction. You can reset the keyboard in the reset settings or create a keyboard shortcut that changes the bad correction to the proper correction.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
There's really no way of removing just one bad correction. You can reset the keyboard in the reset settings or create a keyboard shortcut that changes the bad correction to the proper correction.

What will I lose by resetting the keyboard? Just previous shortcuts/words I've added? I can learn them again by just pressing the little x when it suggests the word I don't want?

Tried setting a shortcut for the bad correction but still seems to do it?

How come its happening on my iPad and iPhone? Is keyboard settings synced across iCloud as well?

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
If you're trying to type can, you can try typing something like 'cannnnn' until it doesn't suggest the autocorrected word anymore. Then, just delete the extra n's and it should work from now on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.