Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wuddya think?

• Smasher's right; Spymac is way up in the sky (ie high)

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • I dunno about the drugs, but it seems unlikely

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It might be true

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Smasher's on crack; of course it's true!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Smasher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
This just appeared on their front page:

"All three iMac models NOW SHIPPING (01/23/2002) (5:55 P.M.) posted by Webmaster from the confirmed news department.

We have received confirmation that all three models (700mhz G4 low, middle and 800mhz G4 high-end) of the new iMac are not only in stock at local warehouses, but also due to arrive in stores late this week or Monday at the latest . Our source at one store told us that his local warehouse has the following quantities:

1,000 High-end
500 Mid-Range
200 low-end

Even though Jobs' said that only the high-end model would be available first, he was obviously simply being conservative."

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I want there to be another option for the poll:

Smasher is crazy for even looking at spymac. I wouldn't go there if it was the only place on the Internet!

:D That site is a load of crap (because of the whole iWalk thing) and they will never have any credibility in my books. I will never go to that site again!

cornelius

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
High as a motha****a

I want to smoke some of that chit!!!
Come on you have to be kiddin,that amount it's insane.

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by Beej

Smasher is crazy for even looking at spymac. I wouldn't go there if it was the only place on the Internet!

All rumor sites are for entertainment..!! Obviously lots of people go to Spymac, look at how busy their BBS got in under a week!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29

All rumor sites are for entertainment..!! Obviously lots of people go to Spymac, look at how busy their BBS got in under a week!

at least u have the right attitude about this....

who cares?

Smasher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Re: High as a motha****a

Originally posted by Beej

I'd put that, except it'd steal all the votes:p

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Aw let the Germans have some fun

Germany is such a lifeless country, let them have some fun for once.

Yes SpyMac.com is largley full of complete BS, but so is every other Mac rumor site above and beyond what can be logically deduced by watching business trends at Apple Computer Inc.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Track Record Speaks for Itself

if ALL rumor sites were accurate we would be using quad 64 bit 2 GHz G5s in stackable cube-sized boxes with Nvidia4 64 meg DDR running on AGP Pro alongside a 266 MHz bus w/DDR RAM up to 4 gig., glow in the dark keyboards wirelessly connected using BlueTooth, wireless mice shaped like feet, 54 Mbps AirPort 2 capable of VPN all in with Mac OS X 10.2 that also runs on x86 hardware.

Watch Apple's moves, listen to the rhetoric, figure out when promos end and check out [r]etailers and see if they have Macs or not around MWSF, MWNY, MW Tokyo and all the Seybold events.

Even then Apple slips in a surprise now and then (iDVD, iMovie).

The best advice anyone can have is DON"T BUY A NEW MAC RIGHT BEFORE AN EXPO (or Seybold). More likely than not you will be disappointed.

Edit: That was weird, the first bytes were chewed up.

artisan002

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Don't forget about Jobs' penchant for unleashing crap during Super Bowl half-time!

Personally, I'm expecting a last hurrah for the G4 in a PowerMac. I'm guessing 1.0 - 1.2GHz and a faster system bus. I consider the G5 Power Mac too big for Jobs not to launch that sucker during a Macworld convention. Predictably, this summer-fall with a taunting "delay" in full production/delivery until about 2 weeks after... I figure he'll thrust out a faster G4 powerbook at Seybold.

I, still, wish the hallucinatory rumor of a Cinema Display sized Power Book had come true...

I miss my crack pipe.:(

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
iSpyCrack..

OK, being that the local computer store put a new iMac on order virtually the second it was announced for a display model, and that they can't even get just one in yet.. and it's three days past due according to the shipping info, I really doubt Apple has 1000, 2000, or 50000 new DP iMacs sitting in any wearhouse waiting for an explosive delivery..

They've been shipping them out as they come out of burn-in (testing) and they can't keep up. There'd be no reason to store them anywhere when they have all demand and no supply.

SpyCrack is at it again.. Maybe their iWok blew up or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.