Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Planky

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight
Hi,

I have been using my .mac email address since the iTools days but when I logged in yesterday to look for an email I sent in May this year I found that all my sent emails from before June this year have vanished.

I have Mail set to store all sent emails on the server and never to delete.

I have tried logging in via the icloud web page rather than Apple Mail and they are still not there. I hope that they have not deleted 10+ years of sent emails!

Help!

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Hi,

I have been using my .mac email address since the iTools days but when I logged in yesterday to look for an email I sent in May this year I found that all my sent emails from before June this year have vanished.

I have Mail set to store all sent emails on the server and never to delete.

I have tried logging in via the icloud web page rather than Apple Mail and they are still not there. I hope that they have not deleted 10+ years of sent emails!

Help!

Have you tried looking in the trash to see if they somehow got deleted?

If they aren't there then I would call Apple Support. My hope is that it is just something glitchy going on, but if not and the messages have been deleted they would be who you'd need to talk to in order to go about trying to get things restored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.