Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple-pride

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
I was watching a movie on YouTube in Safari, then I got some text messages. I noticed that the movie could continue playing in the background while I did other things on my phone.

Yay.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
Yeah, your music keeps playing at a lower volume when videos start playing as well - it's a nice touch.

Used to hate having to keep pausing and playing music and videos...

utsavtalwar

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2007
Wasn't that obvious I'm running ios 7 since I'm posting in an ios7 related topic
For me when I get a message during a video bing played the video pauses and I'm taken to the messages app.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Wasn't that obvious I'm running ios 7 since I'm posting in an ios7 related topic
For me when I get a message during a video bing played the video pauses and I'm taken to the messages app.

Yes, that's normal. But now you can resume the audio if you want in control center, and it'll play in the background.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
This is great to hear. The only reason I use 3rd party YouTube apps over the website is because of this.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008

You lost me at Bing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.