Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Guys

Someone tell me what happened here.

Scenario A:
Bought 2 separate SINGLES for Artist A over last 3 months. This past weeks I saw album ready for pre-order. Price of album is less the price of 2 singles I bought. Cool. But here's my confusion...

Scenario B:
Bought 1 single from artist B about 3 months ago. Album pre-order came this week and the price is reflected as the full price ie. my single is not being taken off the full price.

I thought scenario A was standard? Unless it applies to 2 or more singles, the "Complete My Album" works? Anyone?

Thank:confused:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Might want to read this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1849?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

For example:

Are there any items that are not eligible for Complete My Album?

You will not be able to complete your album using songs acquired through Single Of The Week or Discovery Download promotions. Additionally, content acquired through select song code promotions or select bonus material may be excluded. In some cases, Apple may not have the rights to provide Complete My Album for particular albums, songs, or videos.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Thank you for replying.
I found out later that iTunes deleted the single once the album was launched for pre-order! Hence me not seeing the discount to complete my album. :mad:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for replying.
I found out later that iTunes deleted the single once the album was launched for pre-order! Hence me not seeing the discount to complete my album. :mad:

I'm pretty sure that preorders don't have complete my album activated anyway. Comes up with the album is live in the store.

And if it was a single then it was its own album so it is complete. You'd have to have bought it off the full album page for it to recognize (some artists will allow for crossing over between regular and delux versions but generally not stand alone singles or other albums)

preyan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
I'm pretty sure that preorders don't have complete my album activated anyway. Comes up with the album is live in the store.

And if it was a single then it was its own album so it is complete. You'd have to have bought it off the full album page for it to recognize (some artists will allow for crossing over between regular and delux versions but generally not stand alone singles or other albums)

I have 2 singles from artist A above. Last week album came up for pre-order and I learnt for the first time, that single purchases, if still available on iTunes when pre-order for album appears, will count towards "Complete My Album". Trust me, I was also shocked when I realized this :cool: Ad I can confirm, I bought 2 "one song only" singles about 3 months ago and album pre-order only appeared last week.

And then it made sense to me. If people own the singles, only hardcore fans will want to purchase the album. By doing what they did above, they encourage even casual fans to get the entire album.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.