Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beysus

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
I'm currently studying Business Informatics in Germany and I am obligated to do an internship of about four months. I'd love to do this in a foreign city, specifically in Portland (OR), Toronto, Dublin or London.

Although I tried to do some research, I had struggles to find internship offers for my study. I learned this study doesn't really exist in other countries but Business Informatics is the link between business related stuff and everything computer science related and so I'd think there could be some IT consulting or project managing jobs which suit me.

So has anyone any tipps for me on how to get an internship, like what's the best approach? Does anyone know companies who welcome students like me? Has anybody done an internship in a foreign country and would like to share his/her experience?

I'd love to see any helpful information and thank you in advance.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I'm currently studying Business Informatics in Germany and I am obligated to do an internship of about four months. I'd love to do this in a foreign city, specifically in Portland (OR), Toronto, Dublin or London.

Although I tried to do some research, I had struggles to find internship offers for my study. I learned this study doesn't really exist in other countries but Business Informatics is the link between business related stuff and everything computer science related and so I'd think there could be some IT consulting or project managing jobs which suit me.

So has anyone any tipps for me on how to get an internship, like what's the best approach? Does anyone know companies who welcome students like me? Has anybody done an internship in a foreign country and would like to share his/her experience?

I'd love to see any helpful information and thank you in advance.

The standard international German companies don't have a slot for you?

beysus

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Well, of course, I'm going to ask them, too, even if they don't have offers displayed on their websites, that goes without saying.

I was looking here for help to get into local companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.