Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
(Wasn't sure where to put this post, so if the mods know a better place, please move it)

I'm waiting patiently for the new iPad 5, but I'm also waiting for the new iPhone 5S AND a new MacBook Pro 15" Haswell.

Luckily I've been saving my cookies and will splurge like it's the week before Christmas, but I was wondering if there are others out there in the same boat as my devilishly handsome self?

It's not like I'm updating every year either. Iphone 4S is about 2 years old, Ipad 2 is 2 and half years old and my laptop has hit 4 years old.

Who else is waiting on more than just a single piece of new hardware?

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2012
I'm waiting for iPhone 6, I'm wishing it has a bigger screen, nothing enormous but 4.3 like the GS2 (that I also have) is a great size, problem with Samsung is they have big screens but put big keyboards and big letters and you lose a lot of screen...

I'm also waiting for the iPad mini 2 and hoping for retina... Even if it comes without retina it would be something to consider for that price range!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
No, not waiting, I get what I want when I want it, then sell it when a new model approaches...I think many people on these forums do this too.

iLuvMyMacToo

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Australia
I didn't get the iPhone 5 because I knew a 5s would follow. I don't mind waiting, but as the date gets closer I'm looking forward to its release

MorphMan

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013
Don't forget the AppleTV. It's not as much of a major purchase but I'm still hanging out for a few weeks to see if a new one pops up.

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
I'm waiting on the iPad 5 32GB WiFi. Wanted a iPod touch but might get a bad ESN iPhone 5 for the better specs. Never had a Mac book before so I'm not waiting on Laptops.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I currently own an iphone 4S, ipad Mini, and a MBP 13 inch early 2011.

The only thing that I'm waiting on is the iPhone 5S. All other device works perfectly fine for my need and I don't need to upgrade those yet.

Plus I just bought my wife a MBA 11" haswell. So I'm not going to spend anything big for the time being, except for the next generation iphone which I have already planned to get when Apple releases it.

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Both the iphone 5S and iPad 5 on my list, but I do it the old fashion way....Credit Card. Than I suffer for a few months paying it off with my new car :eek: :D Would like a notebook but since the iPad 5 is portable, plus it can do what I and many others do (Not real intensive), ipad is fine

mripadmini

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
I was going to wait for the ipad 5 but then I fell in love with the ipad mini and I do all my stuff I do on my junky dell laptop on the ipad mini

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
You know seriously........

I LOVE Apple, profited Heavily from their stock, but I look at the NEXUS 7, QUAD CORE, 2GB RAM, Amazing screen, and if all Apple can offer is a Retina Screen?
HUH???
THAT SAID, there are problems with N7 GPS,TOUCH SCREEN,like its not ready for Prime Time.
I'm getting a :apple: Mini, get with the program :apple: I guess I am too locked in!

aldo818

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
South of France
I m waiting for the new macbook airs i have an late2010 so an upgrade is due soon arriving at 1000 charging cycles and disk etc... gets at its limits.

I won t replace my iphone5 waiting for the 6

Ipad i will definitly buy the new ipad5 as it s new smaller shape and better specs.

srkmish

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2013
Waiting for ipad 5. Have money saved up. If it is not significantly lighter, then ill go for the xperia tablet z or ipad 4

giraffeboy27

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
I'm waiting for :

iPhone 5S 64GB

iPad 5 128GB

Apple Thunderbolt Display (for my 15" Macbook Pro)

I'm only seventeen, but I've been working my butt off all summer break. Currently have all the funds saved up :D

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Assuming there are some decent upgrades in the Ipad5, I will be getting one and passing my ipad3 down to my wife who would only use it for email and a little web browsing.

Ruthjones

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2011
I'm waiting on ipad5 and iPhone 5s, not sure what else, saving madly to spoil myself, the ultimate rule will remain in force, nothing gets opened until really good protectors are here, kids hate that rule!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am waiting to see what new spec improvements the next ipad may have.

I am currently mirroring my ipad3 to my macbook in class, and I find that while airplay mirroring is on, larger pdfs take longer to render in notability (compared to when the ipad is not mirroring).

Anyone knows if this is a limitation in terms of ram?

I am also considering the LTE option as well (finally), lightning port and how smoothly IOS7 runs, since I intend to upgrade from 4s to 5s.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
For some reason, I'm pretty excited about this fall. My wife and I are on the 's' and current cycle and she's starting to get a bit envious of my iPhone 5. She's as excited to rid herself of her 4s and snag my 5 as I am to pick up the 5s. I was able to get a decent price on Gazelle locked in on the 4s, enough to buy the 5s I'm looking at---so it should be a wash as AT&T will never lower their rates when your 'subsidy' is mature. Makes sense to pick the new one up when the 'old' one has been paid for.

As an iPad 4 owner with the Mini---I'm pretty content, though my wife is still very much enjoying her iPad 2. My son the original iPad...still going strong for what he uses it for. I'd like to replace my wife's '2' with a retina mini when that comes to fruition. I'll wait the mini update out to decide whether or not to get her the new mini or iPad 5 for Christmas (assuming they do with the iPad 5 what we're all assuming---taking on more of the mini 'style').

SO...indeed, I'm with Smoking Monkey. It's an exciting fall---not just for me, the whole family. My son, who's 8----would also benefit from the iPad 2 and we'd donate the '1'...as I'm sure others could still get use from it.

Lastly---it'll be very exciting (to me) to see the new Mac Pro---follow it's reviews and benchmarking, and see where Apple is going as well with Software and iOS 7, the Haswell update to the rMBPs, what happens to the classics? Will a 17" 4k retina MBP automagically materialize? Should be a Fun fall!

J

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
(Wasn't sure where to put this post, so if the mods know a better place, please move it)

I'm waiting patiently for the new iPad 5, but I'm also waiting for the new iPhone 5S AND a new MacBook Pro 15" Haswell.

Luckily I've been saving my cookies and will splurge like it's the week before Christmas, but I was wondering if there are others out there in the same boat as my devilishly handsome self?

It's not like I'm updating every year either. Iphone 4S is about 2 years old, Ipad 2 is 2 and half years old and my laptop has hit 4 years old.

Who else is waiting on more than just a single piece of new hardware?

Sort of, definitely waiting for iPhone 5S and Retina iPad mini. But I did go ahead and buy a mac mini and didn't wait for an update.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I LOVE Apple, profited Heavily from their stock, but I look at the NEXUS 7, QUAD CORE, 2GB RAM, Amazing screen, and if all Apple can offer is a Retina Screen?
HUH???
THAT SAID, there are problems with N7 GPS,TOUCH SCREEN,like its not ready for Prime Time.
I'm getting a :apple: Mini, get with the program :apple: I guess I am too locked in!

I purchased the new N7 last week and will be returning it soon. The number of freezes and reboots I deal with everyday is unacceptable. Will probably get one a few months down the road when all the bugs are worked out. Regardless, I am definately getting the iPad 5 day one!!.

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
I find the ipad 3 gets very slow when im creating/ editing my artwork. I sometimes do light video work on my pad and find slowdowns are common. If the ipad 5 has 2gb ram will probably buy. Obviously i use a laptop for higher end stuff, 1080p video editin, rendering, large PS files etc. So if i have the money will upgrade my iPad

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Both the iphone 5S and iPad 5 on my list, but I do it the old fashion way....Credit Card. Than I suffer for a few months paying it off with my new car :eek: :D Would like a notebook but since the iPad 5 is portable, plus it can do what I and many others do (Not real intensive), ipad is fine

Did you mean your new card.. or are you really gonna to sell your car to get your Apple stash?? :eek:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I've been impatiently waiting for the iPad 5. I have an iPhone 5 and currently have no desire for the 5S.

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
I didn't get the iPhone 5 because I knew a 5s would follow. I don't mind waiting, but as the date gets closer I'm looking forward to its release

I'm not getting the 5s because the 6 is to follow

I'm not getting the 6 because 6s is to follow

I'm not getting the 6s because the 7 is to follow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.