Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karsing100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Hi. I have a slight problem. I have bought the Mac OS X 10.8.2 legally and downloaded it. I want to dual boot it with my Windows 8 but Windows needs SATA Control: RAID settings to work and Mac OS X needs ACPI settings. This is not illegal, but is there a way to use both of them without having to manually change to raid/ACPI every time I change OS? My computer specs are: Intel Core2Quad Q9300 2.50Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 4600Series WDDMv1.1... Please help!..

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure why you state you need RAID setup.

All I've done in the past is run the bootcamp assistant (found in the Application Folder > Utilities). Then go and install Windows. Just read about it here

Karsing100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Yeah

As you try to install Mac OS X onto unsupported hardware (by Apple), have you tried the following Hackintosh specific fora and websites yet?

I have tried them. Each fix they had didn't apply to me. I don't want to reinstall my windows but I don't want to get stuck on apple logo again. My components are compatible, but even in VMware I am stuck on Apple Logo with warning/stop sign on the tip of the apple. When I tried booting up with ACPI it didn't have the sign, but had the spinning thing. Graphics card good and everything! Been working at this for a week now. Trying different methods... People seem to have fixed this but They didn't know how or it seemed to not apply to me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.