Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Joel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Hey all,

my work has purchased a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver, or more to the point i think they actually bought the suite. I personally haven't used it too much, however the problem we are having is that when we decide to "put" a file on the server it starts to upload all the dependant files of that file, even if the dependant files haven't been changed.

I can't seem to find how to disable this. I know I can install a 3rd party ftp client like Transmit, however this would be just adding more confusion in amongst it all for some members here.

So any help would be most appreciated if you know a way to disable the dependant files so only the file you actually selected uploads.

Regards,

.Joel

londonweb

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
london
When you put files on the server for the first time, it asks you if you want to include dependent ones, and also to check a box to stop asking again in future- someone must have clicked the box!

What you need to do is go into Dreamweaver; preferences, and then click on the 'site' panel in the list on the left of the box. You should then see in the list of preferences you have options for dependent files, asking 'prompt on get/check out' and 'prompt on put/check in'. Make sure these are both checked on, and then close the preferences window.

The next time you get or put, you will be asked again if you want to include dependent files, and make sure you leave the option on to ask again- this way you'll get asked every time, and sometimes you'll want to use it and sometimes you won't.

hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.