Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

socalguy24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2012
I have a duplex and I provide vacation rentals and enjoy being able to let them access my movies and music via an ATV in the unit but I want to turn off my personal pics without deactivating them from the other ATV's which use pictures as a screensaver.

Put another way:
Can I turn off pics on one ATV and not others on the same network, while still giving access to movies and music to all. But not my pictures, which I do want shared with the other ATV's on the network.

I really appreciate the help!!

Also, does anyone have a word of caution with letting people use my ATV or just general security issues with giving out my network password?

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Set the screensaver to something other than your iTunes pictures and lock down everything except what you want them to use using the parental controls on the device.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
If you're worried about security, you could always set up a guest network. That way, the guests don't get your network password, and you don't have to worry about them snooping around on your network.

Keep the AppleTV on your network though, so they can still access your library of content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.