Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Hey Guys.

I was wondering if any of you have some lag after opening the lid of your macbook air. If i open the Lid (after 1 or 2 Hours of standby) it takes about 5 seconds untill the cursor moves, and the machine is ready to get the userpassword entered.

i tryed all hibernate modes but it doesnt get any better and to always hold the ram online to boot faster is not an option cause the standby time will suffer a lot.

anyone experiencing same probs? pretty annoying. my old 2009 macbook pro woke up in about 2 secs. maybe ssd problems?

greets

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
likely your older computer wasn't suspending to disk, if it was you would see the screen fogged out and a series of white ovals at the bottom of the screen as the computer comes out of hibernate which takes around 20 seconds. Your air likely is suspending to disk and so 5 seconds is pretty good

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
There have already been many threads about this subject.

Quick answer: 5 seconds is not something I would spend any time doing anything about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.