Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Just a quick question. Does Callbar do this? I know it handles incoming FT calls, but I cannot seem to initiate a FT call, only voice.

If Callbar does do outgoing FT calls, how do I set it up?

Right now I'm using a workaround through BiteSMS and it's FT button in Quick Compose but doing that requires me to unlock (if I'm at the lockscreen).

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Just a quick question. Does Callbar do this? I know it handles incoming FT calls, but I cannot seem to initiate a FT call, only voice.

If Callbar does do outgoing FT calls, how do I set it up?

Right now I'm using a workaround through BiteSMS and it's FT button in Quick Compose but doing that requires me to unlock (if I'm at the lockscreen).

CallBar only supports incoming FT calls. Maybe the dev can implement an option for outgoing as well? Maybe try contacting them.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
CallBar only supports incoming FT calls. Maybe the dev can implement an option for outgoing as well? Maybe try contacting them.
Allright, Bumps, thanks! I thought that might be the case. All I could find from Google was just the fact that it was supported, but no specifics.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Allright, Bumps, thanks! I thought that might be the case. All I could find from Google was just the fact that it was supported, but no specifics.

No problem. Always glad to help! I'm not sure why they never implemented outgoing FT calls. You can use CallBar for outgoing calls but not FT? Very strange. I actually never thought of it because I don't use FT. In fact, I've only used it once and that was with my 4 year old niece who was sitting 6 feet away from me haha

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
LOL!

Well, most of the people I know with iPhones live outside the US and the few I do know stateside I don't really have a reason to Facetime with. My mom hasn't figured out her iPhone sufficiently to even understand what I'm talking about.

So, I've been waiting for my wife to get her iPhone 5 before I could really try this. Now I have a reason to use it.

Anyway, yeah, odd that Callbar is that way. Ultimately no big deal as I can work around it using BiteSMS but I was just curious if I had missed something.

P.S. My wife and I actually Facetimed the first night she had the phone but we we're like you and your niece., six feet away! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.