Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

collinmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Chilliwack, BC
Just ordered a refurbished 15" 2.6Ghz, rMBP with 16gb RAM and 512GB SSD.

I've been through a 15" 2.3ghz rMBP with 8gb, classic MBP 15" and a fully loaded air, but the 8GB always worried me considering I plan on using it for the next 3-4 years.

Can not wait for it to show up. I now have ample space for OSX, BootCamp, gaming videos and pictures.

So glad I switched back after years of Windows based PCs.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Just ordered a refurbished 15" 2.6Ghz, rMBP with 16gb RAM and 512GB SSD.

I've been through a 15" 2.3ghz rMBP with 8gb, classic MBP 15" and a fully loaded air, but the 8GB always worried me considering I plan on using it for the next 3-4 years.

Can not wait for it to show up. I now have ample space for OSX, BootCamp, gaming videos and pictures.

So glad I switched back after years of Windows based PCs.

You won't regret the choice....I have a 13" 3GHZ rMBP with the 512GB SSD...I was so unsure about the real-estate but I wanted a small form factor Macbook, and after discussions with my Apple Guru, we decided that I should try the 13" and see how it went....well 3 months in and I love it. It's portable, powerful and the retina screen is just a joy to use....I came from the beast...( a 17" cMBP ) but have no regrets at all...I use it to edit work in Logic X as well as all the things I usually did on my previous laptop....web surfing etc etc. And this one sits nicely on m little tray without all that weight...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.