Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1
crustyjugglers
macrumors newbie

Why does Mountain Lion seem faster than Lion?

I remember when we had a mac mini and that was running snow leopard and then we upgraded to lion. I remember clear as the light of day how slow the mac mini was with lion. Then weirdly enough, brand new laptop, had lion on to begin with and then upgraded to mountain lion today, instantly a lot faster, fan speeds are COOL, it's not getting too hot, I can have it on my lap!!! The spinny ball of doom isn't constantly on. WOOP. But why? Why would it randomly be slower? Lion that is.
crustyjugglers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:04 AM   #2
iThinksimple
macrumors member

too much parameters on this topic,
starting from machine spec, free hard drive space, free RAM, OS X health, and so on,

btw is not fair, if you compare Brand NEW MacBook with your existing Mac mini,
Old Aug 28, 2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Judith123
macrumors member

Yeah, that's right. There are too many parameters to determine the speed of your Mac. Not only the internal defaults, but also the external defaults. So, it is not legal to compare Lion with Mountain Lion by your personal experience.
Judith123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:22 AM   #4
crustyjugglers
macrumors newbie

Sorry I'm trying to compare Lion to ML only on my Macbook. My mac mini was just another example.
crustyjugglers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:28 AM   #5
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyjugglers View Post
Sorry I'm trying to compare Lion to ML only on my Macbook. My mac mini was just another example.
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion is often considered the Windows Vista of Mac OS X versions and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion put it right again, as it fixed many issues Mac OS X 10.7 Lion had.
simsaladimbamba is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion