Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crustyjugglers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
I remember when we had a mac mini and that was running snow leopard and then we upgraded to lion. I remember clear as the light of day how slow the mac mini was with lion. Then weirdly enough, brand new laptop, had lion on to begin with and then upgraded to mountain lion today, instantly a lot faster, fan speeds are COOL, it's not getting too hot, I can have it on my lap!!! The spinny ball of doom isn't constantly on. WOOP. But why? Why would it randomly be slower? Lion that is.

iThinksimple

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
too much parameters on this topic,
starting from machine spec, free hard drive space, free RAM, OS X health, and so on,

btw is not fair, if you compare Brand NEW MacBook with your existing Mac mini,

Judith123

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
New York
Yeah, that's right. There are too many parameters to determine the speed of your Mac. Not only the internal defaults, but also the external defaults. So, it is not legal to compare Lion with Mountain Lion by your personal experience. :)

crustyjugglers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Sorry I'm trying to compare Lion to ML only on my Macbook. My mac mini was just another example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.