Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Like his last work for the iPhone roadmap?

or the iPhone 7?
I heard he had like a 5 year plan before he died
so maybe 2016 model was his final work
I am very excited for 2014
I believe that will be the most exciting iPhone ever
If steve knew he was very very close to dying I am sure that he had a plan for his last iPhone vision. Saving the best for last. Who knows what he thought about for that iPhone.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Every few weeks, somebody else comes along with talk about Steve Jobs and his master plan, thoughts, etc.

Of course he had some thoughts or ideas.
And, of course, a few thousand people have been working on those ideas and many others. Some might still exist, some debunked, some tweaked.

Geez.... Steve Jobs is wonderful, but not a God with a 5 year plan for every little detail.

Read this post

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Even if he did have a 5 year plan, I seriously doubt most of it will be relevant anymore as not even he could predict the future (present) smartphone market and what competitors would have out now.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Given how much he changed his mind about things, I don't really care whether Apple does or doesn't have 5 years worth of his ideas in the pipeline.

The Jobs era is over, and his ideas may no longer even be relevant as competition changes and new technologies emerge.

5 years is a long time to live on the ideas of a man who is no longer alive.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Given how much he changed his mind about things, I don't really care whether Apple does or doesn't have 5 years worth of his ideas in the pipeline.

The Jobs era is over, and his ideas may no longer even be relevant as competition changes and new technologies emerge.

5 years is a long time to live on the ideas of a man who is no longer alive.

Spot on. I'm honestly surprised it's take this long for Apple to start to drift away from Jobs' style, but they could never hope to maintain it anyway.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
yes, and next year it will be that he also influenced iphone 8 and 9, and so on and so on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.