Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1
MiniD3
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
What are these symbols?

Hi Guys,
Burnt a few images to a DVD today, new to Mac and still learning

After burning, I appear to get an ever increasing list of these icons
Attachment 430325

What are they? And should or how do I get rid of them?
Regards,
Gary

Last edited by MiniD3; Mar 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
MiniD3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:09 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniD3 View Post
Hi Guys,
Burnt a few images to a DVD today, new to Mac and still learning

After burning, I appear to get an ever increasing list of these icons
Attachment 430325

What are they? And should or how do I get rid of them?
Regards,
Gary
They're aliases (shortcuts) from the Burn app. Just hold the Command key down and drag them off the Finder sidebar.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:15 PM   #3
MiniD3
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
They're aliases (shortcuts) from the Burn app. Just hold the Command key down and drag them off the Finder sidebar.
Much appreciated,
This Forum is so helpful
I'll get there one day
Regards,
Gary
MiniD3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniD3 View Post
Much appreciated,
This Forum is so helpful
I'll get there one day
Regards,
Gary
This may be useful:
Helpful Information for Any Mac User
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:37 PM   #5
MiniD3
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Thank You
Now have the link in my favourites
Regards,
Gary
MiniD3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Importing symbols mikethebook OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Dec 17, 2013 04:40 AM
Mail appears as symbols Jamil Mungur iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Jul 4, 2013 11:36 PM
Symbols/icons missing in OS X 10.8 schillelina OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 10 Apr 9, 2013 07:32 AM
Strange symbols instead of apostrophe. Help. inscrewtable OS X 0 Nov 3, 2012 11:27 PM
What are the Verizon connect symbols? walkman iPhone 0 Sep 21, 2012 02:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC