Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJC631

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
So for the longest time, I have been happily using my 2011 as a dual OS system, with one HDD for OS X and another for Windows 7. It's been fine, but recently I had to do a clean install of the Windows stuff, didn't think much of it.

Here's the problem, I can no longer seem to get any sort of driver help from AMD, such as Catalyst Control Center, to help fix overscan/underscan. Does anyone know where one could get the old Control Center?

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
So for the longest time, I have been happily using my 2011 as a dual OS system, with one HDD for OS X and another for Windows 7. It's been fine, but recently I had to do a clean install of the Windows stuff, didn't think much of it.

Here's the problem, I can no longer seem to get any sort of driver help from AMD, such as Catalyst Control Center, to help fix overscan/underscan. Does anyone know where one could get the old Control Center?

It's not in the bootcamp drivers down load?

DJC631

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
It's not in the bootcamp drivers down load?

The Apple drivers work to get graphics up just fine, but they don't have Catalyst Control Center, which so far has been the only way for me to fix the overscan/underscan issue (the TV I use has no options to correct it itself)

omvs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
I had some problems getting the official AMD drivers working as well with my 2011 mini when i last tested (was trying to see if the HDMI port could do 4k).

Have you tried using any of the beta drivers - like these here:
http://www.guru3d.com/files_categories/videocards_ati_catalyst_vista_win_7.html

My suspicions is the specific card id is missing from the .inf file and thats why you can't install. It might be possible to add the info in and get the installer to put it in place, though I haven't done this sort of thing for years....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.