Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Can the A1260MBP be charged with a 13"MBP unibody, corei7 charger?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Yes, but as the older MBP seems to have been a 15", which uses 85W chargers instead of the 60W chargers 13" MBPs use, the older MBP might charge a bit slower, unless you meant it the other way around, as your thread title conflicts with your post.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Yes, but as the older MBP seems to have been a 15", which uses 85W chargers instead of the 60W chargers 13" MBPs use, the older MBP might charge a bit slower, unless you meant it the other way around, as your thread title conflicts with your post.
wow thanx, i corrected it :), so the newer charger will be used to charge the older mbpro, so u think it will be just a slower charge? is that all?

Nov 28, 2010
located
wow thanx, i corrected it :), so the newer charger will be used to charge the older mbpro, so u think it will be just a slower charge? is that all?

Yes, but there is also the problem of the lower output not being enough during CPU intensive tasks (HandBrake running movie of the hour or calculating spinach follicles and cat collisions), thus the battery will be used too.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Yes, but there is also the problem of the lower output not being enough during CPU intensive tasks (HandBrake running movie of the hour or calculating spinach follicles and cat collisions), thus the battery will be used too.
didnt quite get that, what does the lower output have to do with running tasks and the battery? I will only use it when battery is full!

Nov 28, 2010
located
didnt quite get that, what does the lower output have to do with running tasks and the battery? I will only use it when battery is full!

There have been occasions, when the CPU on MBPs was that taxed, that the 85W or 60W power adapter was not providing enough power and the battery was used as additional power source, thus some people saw battery drain while the power adapter was connected while playing a game or three.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ok but im not intending to use the MBP while its on charging mode. Ill use it only through its battery! So there is no issue, right?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ok i tried to charge it and it seems to be charging fine! Thank you my friend! :) By the way, what is an MO?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.