Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 28, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1
SluGuru
macrumors regular

iPhone 5S Pre-Ordering With ATT & ATT Next

My two year contract with ATT has been up for a few months and we have been waiting for the new iPhone to renew. I have a few questions:

1) I understand that it is very important to pre-order right away to get it on release day. Will release day pre-orders be available on Apple.com and ATT.com?

2) How do Apple preorders work? Are they shipped or do I pick them up at the store? I have been told if I get them directly through Apple I can get the ATT subsidy if I go with a two year contract. Is this true if it is both shipped or picked up in the store?

3) We really require a new smartphone every year from here on out and ATT Next will actually save us money. However, this is only available from ATT.com or an ATT retail store. I also need to switch to the mobile share plan as well. Can I pre-order from ATT first and then get my account switched over to Next and Mobile Share? Or will I have to do this as I am pre-ordering and risk the chance of losing first day delivery? If ATT preorders are allowed for release date, is it in store pickup or shipping?

We have a great deal to get sorted out here and as this is my first time pre-ordering I am quite lost. Any information anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
SluGuru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Why do you need a new phone each year.

Based on the mistakes that the people at AT&T and the others make, get your new phone first then fgo and get your plan modified. Sometimes when modifying the plan they will reset your contract and make it difficult to get the upgrade you're entitled to.

Release day pre-orders should be available in both locations. Do note that right away can mean early in the morning of the first day of pre-orders. ALthough that will be different for AT&T and Apple.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 04:41 PM   #3
SluGuru
macrumors regular

The problem with ATT is that it looks like when you get your new phone online is you must pick all of your plan details then. Anyone with any experience of getting a new iPhone on release day by pre-ordering it from your account on ATT.com your help would be greatly appreciated.
SluGuru is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting