Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1
skydesigner
macrumors newbie

Drag N Drop behavior / takes too long

Hello,

when I drag 'n drop items between two applications, the whole "transaction" takes very long.
Example: when I select an image in "Application 1" and I want to drag 'n drop it to "Application 2" (which is hidden under other opened windows), I use the dock or the application overview (exposé?). So I have to hover with the item above the Application (window or dock-item) until it gets automatically selected and the window opens itself.
This takes around two seconds which is way too long (imho).

Is there a way to shorten this?

I hope very one is getting what I mean... English isn't my mother-tongue!
skydesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:27 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Your English is very fine and better than the English of many native speakers.

As to drag&drop, can you give an exact example or maybe even make a screenrecording via QT X?

I for instance use the Dock to open images from one application in another application and it is quite fast (less than a second, though the opening in the second application depends on where the images are stored (external or internal HDD; interface being USB 2.0 or Firewire 800 or USB 3.0 or eSATA).

Can you also specify the specs of your machine (what exact Mac, how much RAM, storage device(s))?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:46 AM   #3
skydesigner
macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Air (mid 2012) with an i5 and 8GB of RAM. I use the internal SSD. I made a short video of my "issue". Is there a way to shorten the "transitions" time?

Thank you so much for replying.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...gDropIssue.m4v
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:29 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydesigner View Post
I have a Macbook Air (mid 2012) with an i5 and 8GB of RAM. I use the internal SSD. I made a short video of my "issue". Is there a way to shorten the "transitions" time?

Thank you so much for replying.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...gDropIssue.m4v
Dat hat so lange gedauert, weil Du über Dock-Exposé gegangen bist. Etwas schneller sollte es mit der Leertaste gehen, siehe unteres Video in 720p für ein Beispiel:
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:37 AM   #5
skydesigner
macrumors newbie

vielen Dank für den nützlichen Tip! Das mit dem "hot corner" ist eine sehr gute Idee.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:39 AM   #6
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydesigner View Post
vielen Dank für den nützlichen Tip! Das mit dem "hot corner" ist eine sehr gute Idee.
Weiß leider net wie dat auf Deutsch heißt, aber Heiße Ecken gibt es bestimmt auch beim Bäcker, oder wie der Ort heißt, wo man fabrikneue Teigwaren serviert bekommt.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:43 AM   #7
skydesigner
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

ah, hab gerade gesehen, dass das "aktive Ecke" heißt. Nach längerem ausprobieren ist die Selektion mittels Leertaste echt eine Erleichterung. Nochmals Danke!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion