Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robin0627

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I was using my macbook to convert the songs from my newly bought CD. The battery was low then so I plugged in the magsafe charger as usual, however, the battery was not charging. I originally thought that it was some kinds of software issues so I just restarted my mac but it doesn't have enough power to start again. Now my new CD is stuck in my mac.

How can I turn on my mac again so that I can get back the CD? I won't bother to replace the battery of my old macbook as I already got a new Mac.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Your MacBook probably has a button on the left or bottom to indicate the battery level. What does it say, when you press it while the MacBook is connected to the power adapter?
And if you can remove the battery, some older models allowed it, does it work to start the MacBook while being connected to the charger but with the battery removed?

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on

robin0627

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Your MacBook probably has a button on the left or bottom to indicate the battery level. What does it say, when you press it while the MacBook is connected to the power adapter?
And if you can remove the battery, some older models allowed it, does it work to start the MacBook while being connected to the charger but with the battery removed?

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on
my macbook is the 2009 model white macbook so it does not have the battery indicator. Does it start if the battery is removed while it is connected to the charger?

Nov 28, 2010
located
my macbook is the 2009 model white macbook so it does not have the battery indicator. Does it start if the battery is removed while it is connected to the charger?

It is worth a try, but if you are not ought to replace or remove the battery yourself, it might be a bit trick to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.