Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:47 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'Metro: Last Light' Arriving for Mac on September 10

The developers behind Metro: Last Light, a popular first-person shooter game, announced yesterday that they will ship a Mac version of the title on September 10 via the Mac App Store and the game distribution platform Steam. The game's developers, 4A Games, have also announced that a Linux version is in the works, although it will not be ready until "sometime later" this year.

The Ukrainian-based developers have also announced that the downloadable content for the game, which includes the "Ranger Mode", a setting for greater game difficulty, as well as new characters and weapons, will also be available upon the game's launch. Future releases will arrive simultaneously on all platforms.
Quote:
"The Mac and Linux versions of Metro: Last Light are further testimony to the power and flexibility of the 4A Engine," said Oles Shishkovstov, Chief Technical Officer at 4A Games. "Development was handled in house by 4A games, and we are very happy with the results. We hope that Mac & Linux gamers will appreciate our efforts to create the best possible version for their machines."
Metro: Last Light was released for Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360 back in May to positive reviews. Critics praised the game's graphics, which are based on 4A Games' own 4A Engine specially developed for the game, as well as its intuitive storyline. The game is loosely based on the novel Metro 2033, a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel first released in Russia in 2005.

Article Link: 'Metro: Last Light' Arriving for Mac on September 10
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2
cgk.emu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

The developers behind Metro: Last Light, a popular first-person shooter game, announced yesterday that they will ship a Mac version of the title on September 10 via the Mac App Store and the game distribution platform Steam. The game's developers, 4A Games, have also announced that a Linux version is in the works, although it will not be ready until "sometime later" this year.

The Ukrainian-based developers have also announced that the downloadable content for the game, which includes the "Ranger Mode", a setting for greater game difficulty, as well as new characters and weapons, will also be available upon the game's launch. Future releases will arrive simultaneously on all platforms.Metro: Last Light was released for Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360 back in May to positive reviews. Critics praised the game's graphics, which are based on 4A Games' own 4A Engine specially developed for the game, as well as its intuitive storyline. The game is loosely based on the novel Metro 2033, a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel first released in Russia in 2005.

Article Link: 'Metro: Last Light' Arriving for Mac on September 10
It's an awesome game on Windows for sure. I run 7 x64 on my Pro for games...it's nice that they are releasing a Mac version, but...ya know...I'm concerned about performance. We'll see.
cgk.emu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:54 AM   #3
SJism23
macrumors 6502a

A cool game that I've been interested in for a while. Too bad I'll be too busy with the iPhone event (or my university classes, I'm not sure which one yet ).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:02 AM   #4
blitzer09x87
macrumors 6502

i saw this game on my friends PC, it' awesome. i'm definitely gonna get this.
blitzer09x87 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5
BASTI51
macrumors member

Is this also a good sign for a upcoming MBP refresh on the semptember 10th event?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:19 AM   #6
cgk.emu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTI51 View Post
Is this also a good sign for a upcoming MBP refresh on the semptember 10th event?
Why?? Not sure why a traditionally PC/console game developer would care about a MBP refresh.
cgk.emu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:31 PM   #7
9Speed
macrumors member

An intuitive storyline? So I already know what will happen without playing the game?
9Speed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:36 AM   #8
bungiefan89
macrumors 6502

I was really on the edge for buying this game after loving Metro 2033 to pieces. But if it's going to have NATIVE support for Mac? That's an instant buy in my book! Got to support the developers who go Mac!

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion