Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djty392

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
For the past two betas my messages won't pop up if my phone is on Standby. If I get a text, it doesn't alert me like I have in my settings and like it always should. I have to click my phone on to see if I have a message. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've went into settings a fiddled around with that but it hasn't seemed to change anything. When I receive a message I want it to pop up without me doing anything. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks!!

I am on the most current beta - Verizon iPhone 5

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
1) Did you double check your settings to see if you have lock screen notifications enabled for Messages app? (also make sure you did not accidentally click on and change your "alert style"). Scroll down, is "Show alerts from everyone" checked?

2) iCloud keychain has been known to be buggy. If you, at some point, started to enable this but didn't complete it, I would go in to Settings>iCloud>Keychain and turn it off, or go through the entire process to get it on (get text for activation code, put it in, wait for it to do it's thing, go back and be sure it's now "on")

3) Try turning iMessage off, then on again.

4) With the new control panel easy access, and, for me, accidentally pulling it up sometimes, it's easy to accidentally turn "do not disturb" mode on, be sure it's not in this mode.

5) power cycle the phone.

I seem to get my messages/texts fine, but, I'm on AT&T, so, maybe CDMA version of phone ios 7 beta is buggy in this respect? (ios 7 beta 6)

djty392

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
Thank you!

My do not disturb WAS on. I never turned it on so I must have hit it by accident. Thank you! :)

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Thank you!

My do not disturb WAS on. I never turned it on so I must have hit it by accident. Thank you! :)

lol, glad I could help, it can happen when scrolling fast for me, (wish safari had inertial scrolling). ...This is why they added the option to turn control center off for apps "Access Within Apps" on/off, turn off, then it's only accessible on the home screen. ...personally, I wouldn't mind if you could turn it off here, then customize it to be enabled for certain apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.