Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
What if the C in iPhone 5C stands for China and apple will exclusively sell it in China.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
What if the C in iPhone 5C stands for China and apple will exclusively sell it in China.

They won't do something that stupid. Making an announcement at the event in a few days, but than say, Sorry, its for China only. Not to mention, what about the other third world countries and those in the USA/Canada/UK that do want it. Its like shooting one self in the foot with all those new iPhone C's that can make Apple even more money.

Bargle

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
You know all those American iphone users who cover up their beautiful iphone with ugly plastic cases?

That's who the iphone 5C is for. Stop with the racist--iphone 5C is for poor chinese people stuff. Chinese people who use iphones make more money than you. If you haven't noticed, there are lots of poor americans who want iPhones, but can't afford to replace ones they break, so they buy plastic cases to put them in.

smoge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
They won't do something that stupid. Making an announcement at the event in a few days, but than say, Sorry, its for China only.
They could announce the iPhone 5S and show it off a bit and then they have 2 or 3 slides showing the iPhone 5C.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If you haven't noticed, there are lots of poor americans who want iPhones, but can't afford to replace ones they break, so they buy plastic cases to put them in.

I wouldn't say that's the reason.

It's more like the phone is so expensive that they want to take care of it.

Also, alot of people resell their phones so they want to keep it in good condition for resale.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
We'll see, yeah many people sell their phones, I keep my phone in case too, having a spotless phone is a big plus :D

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
You know all those American iphone users who cover up their beautiful iphone with ugly plastic cases?

That's who the iphone 5C is for. Stop with the racist--iphone 5C is for poor chinese people stuff. Chinese people who use iphones make more money than you. If you haven't noticed, there are lots of poor americans who want iPhones, but can't afford to replace ones they break, so they buy plastic cases to put them in.

I don't think people are being racist saying that the 5c is for china if that was the reason the phone was probably made. They have done studies and it shows that those so called countries do not tend to want contracts and buy phones outright. With that said $399-$499 is better than $650-$850. Again this is all speculation but definitely not trying to sound racist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.