Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
My wife's family business is looking for an application to mange inventory and customers with perhaps the ability to keep invoices (not create them, just store them by customer) as well. I was getting ready to give Bento a try when Apple decided to kill it. I know there is Filemaker Pro, but I was looking for something cheaper, at least in the ballpark price of Bento. Is there anything else like Bento around? Thanks for any suggestions.

weez999

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
GA
For Inventory and Invoicing, go with Quickbooks, yeah, it's a bit pricey but it's the perfect solution for small business. I've used it for years. I see you don't want to create invoices but it kinda defeats the purpose of running a business unless you intend to "enter in applicable" invoices only...

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
They already have quickbooks for their financial information. I'm looking for something that provides similar functionality as Bento specifically. E.g something like an easy database application, which is what Bento was aiming for. This would manage their client information, their inventory (iPhoto integration would be a huge help as their inventory is picture heavy), and an ability to attach invoices to clients. That way they could easily see past sales to their customers. Those would cover the basics, but it could potentially be used for more down the road.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
I second weez999's suggestion for Quickbooks. It already tracks customers, their information, company inventory, associates invoices to customers, and allows attachments.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
You might want to check out TapForms https://itunes.apple.com/app/tap-forms-database/id494995266?ls=1&mt=12

I used the iOS version for quite some time and was impressed with it--they recently came out with a OSX version that might fit your needs.

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't have the same easy look as Bento, but seems more powerful. I'll definitely take a look at this.

And to the other two that recommended Quickbooks, I'll look into that as well. They have a copy already so it can't hurt to give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.