Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The back keys look interesting. From the review, looks like the build quality is subpar.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Doesn't fit my personal tastes--just a bit too big, high gloss plastic, LG's skin seems to lack any consistency and to my eyes looks/feels an awful lot like TouchWiz, which I personally don't prefer. I do like how they allow some customization of the on screen buttons.

I certainly hope it does well though--more competitors putting out more great devices is always good for us consumers.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I like the LG skin very much, but I don't trust LG. Poor dev community and they have a crap track record for updates in the US.

Not to mention, their resale value is terrible. I was able to pick up a OG last year for $250 right after it came out. The GS3 is still over $300 a year later.

Last edited:

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I can't wait to play with one in the store. I guess I'll have to see if the good parts of the phone outweigh the bad. The only reason I might not get the HTC One is because I like the G2 or Note 3 better.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
If it comes to T-Mobile, i may get one with the Jump program and then perhaps upgrade to a Nexus 5 or whatever it is called at some point. Cetainly would like to check one out.

When does it come out?

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
If it comes to T-Mobile, i may get one with the Jump program and then perhaps upgrade to a Nexus 5 or whatever it is called at some point. Cetainly would like to check one out.

When does it come out?

I've read that Verizon will have it September 12 and AT&T the 13th.

bnnentertainmen

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
LG has copied touchwiz (and the bad thing is that i hate touchwiz)

the camera key will be a problem when you want to take a landscape photo

it's made out of plastic(although all of the phones were made out of plastic before but the trend is changing and they should adapt as quickly as possible)

the HTC one max is the device what i'm waiting for. it'd surely be much better than this.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Looks like we can add another contender for the top smartphone of 2013. LG G2 got a pretty good review over at phonearena. I was looking forward to Motorola's offerings but they totally disappointed me.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-G2-Review_id3404

Thanks! I've read it though... definitely a must get for me if

- the Sony Honami (Mini) can't beat it (I don't think it will, at least not regarding the price/value ratio, in which Sony has always sucked) and

- the Nexus 5 isn't based on it or if it's indeed based, with a much worse camera module.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
LG has copied touchwiz (and the bad thing is that i hate touchwiz)

the camera key will be a problem when you want to take a landscape photo

it's made out of plastic(although all of the phones were made out of plastic before but the trend is changing and they should adapt as quickly as possible)

the HTC one max is the device what i'm waiting for. it'd surely be much better than this.

Actually LG has a very uniformed overlay and is not laggy like touchwiz believe me its my biggest pet peeve. All there core apps look more like a iphone ripoff them touchwiz but then this is all moot when we have nova launcher.
Also LG has some nice camera software which includes voice shutter just say cheese or smile and it snaps picture.
I think it's a sleeper!

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I thought the OP was talking about this phone...

http://www.unbox.ph/gadget/lenovo-k900-review-competitive-internals-great-camera-superb-design/

sc001.jpg

a7830376-57f1-4989-9109-006c4cf61ac2_Lenovo-K900-e.jpg

bnnentertainmen

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
Actually LG has a very uniformed overlay and is not laggy like touchwiz believe me its my biggest pet peeve. All there core apps look more like a iphone ripoff them touchwiz but then this is all moot when we have nova launcher.
Also LG has some nice camera software which includes voice shutter just say cheese or smile and it snaps picture.
I think it's a sleeper!

that's just your opinion, in my opinion, the LG ui looks a lot like the samsung ui. only the HTC ui (sense) is what i like and that's why i'm waiting for the one max

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.