Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Apple usually issues invites to events around a week before the date, invariably on a Monday.

Could we be seeing one tomorrow? And do you reckon we will get a sneaky hint on the invite to what might be in store?

asthamapheo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
would love to see invitations. i plan to go to the launch event, its gonna be awesome:D. fingers crossed...

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
There will probably be hints to iOS 7 and to the 5S on the invitations.
Or a generic reference to iPhone, the protagonist of the event.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
When will apple send event invites ?

Since September 10th is getting closer and closer I wanted to ask u guys when do u think they'll send the invites, I'm guessing Tuesday.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Since September 10th is getting closer and closer I wanted to ask u guys when do u think they'll send the invites, I'm guessing Tuesday.
As many other threads state, expect the announcement about a week before any Apple press conference. So yes Tuesday the 3rd makes sense for the invitations to go out IF the event is actually going to be September 10th.

Now given the fact that we're hearing about vacation blackouts for various cellular providers around the 20th of the month, there is a strong chance the Apple announcements will be the 10th.

One such current thread is September 10th Invitations tomorrow?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Apple usually issues invites to events around a week before the date, invariably on a Monday.

I seem to remember looking back at old web pages to check this and the invitations to the last couple iPhone events all went out on a Tuesday about a week before the event, so if that pattern holds we will see invites go out this tuesday.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Could we be seeing one tomorrow? And do you reckon we will get a sneaky hint on the invite to what might be in store?

No we will not.

Because tomorrow is a bank holiday in the US and it is unlikely anyone will be in the office to hit send. Same for any betas that might go out this week.

Tuesday will be the earliest

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Apple has shown that it's more than that to alot of people.

You're right, it's a smartphone. That's all it is. it's iPhone, not iWash, not iCar, not iLifeSupport. it calls people, plays music, and all the other stuff every other gadget uses. People just fall for the fancy white background videos and advertising.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Invites should be sent on Tuesday at the earliest, it makes no sense tomorrow due to holiday.

----------

Says the person with an iPhone as a profile picture.

lol, not only that, he has 3 devices in his sig that run iOS which first was only on the phone that for him is 'just a phone'...

iKennish.

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2013
Due to Labor Day Monday, I don't think it will be sent out. Tuesday-Wednesday, I think the latest.

I hope they have some sort of hints to get us all excited for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.