Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I was wondering if theres some settings somewhere to maybe reset the Trackpad? I doubt its possible but thought id ask before taking it in, lately its been acting strange and not turning on for me. It doesnt work if I manually try and turn it on either I have to go and pull the batteries out and put them in again for it to work. That sounds like dead batteries but the level is 49% and I havent replaced them that long ago.

Is this common behavior on them failing? I havent had it long got it when the new iMacs were released.

malvicus

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2013
I was wondering if theres some settings somewhere to maybe reset the Trackpad? I doubt its possible but thought id ask before taking it in, lately its been acting strange and not turning on for me. It doesnt work if I manually try and turn it on either I have to go and pull the batteries out and put them in again for it to work. That sounds like dead batteries but the level is 49% and I havent replaced them that long ago.

Is this common behavior on them failing? I havent had it long got it when the new iMacs were released.

It still sounds like a battery issue. If you had this problem with fresh batteries, then I'd consider taking in the trackpad for service, especially if you have warranty on it.

iMacUnsure

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2013
Southern US
I have the problem that the mouse is not recognized in start up....should I leave it on all the time?Or is cutting it on and off causing the problem? I just got this thing this past Friday,only had it 4 days!:confused:

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It still sounds like a battery issue. If you had this problem with fresh batteries, then I'd consider taking in the trackpad for service, especially if you have warranty on it.

I have the problem that the mouse is not recognized in start up....should I leave it on all the time?Or is cutting it on and off causing the problem? I just got this thing this past Friday,only had it 4 days!:confused:

No clue man so far new batteries seemed to fix the problem. Lets see if it lasts. BTW these Trackpads run through batteries like NOTHING.

malvicus

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2013
No clue man so far new batteries seemed to fix the problem. Lets see if it lasts. BTW these Trackpads run through batteries like NOTHING.

Apple does make a battery charger with rechargeable batteries. Give them a go. Should save you some money on new batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.