Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyroler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hatfield, UK
Shall i wait for the new Mac Pro?
how good is he and whats the Price?
or
shall i buy a used,as i need Optical Drives.2 if possible,without having the Table full of gadget
or
shall i use my g5 case,get me logicboard,CPU Power Unit,ect from ebay and put myself anything together?
Fact is that my MDD with 1.42 has Problem running facebook over longer Time. Have to restart it all few hour.I also cant use new canon Printer on PPC,and much other Software.

Thinking a bi on a logicboard with 2 Quad Core and higher Amount Ram,
but
why would anyone sell a good Mac on Ebay? for cheap money i mean. Maybe anything wrong with it and he selling before its so bad that he only can sell as "For Parts or repair"
Id rather think getting Parts from broken Mac and put it together.
Now
We dont have Price of the new Mac yet,and Apple seems hasn't paid there Bill not,as no one will sell them Optical drives as it looks to me.

Anywhy.
As ,most of you have more Experiance about that matter im coming up with that and thank you in Advance for any Suggestion and advice

Tyroler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hatfield, UK
Ah thanx,but im not sure if a Mini would run Day and Night for month as my desktop do,without wearing out. my g4 even heats the house.
thats actually the main reason why i dont look after a macbook as i think they would also have a Temperature problem if i keep running them Day and Neight.
at Moment i run 2 1.42 Ghz and 1 1.25 ghz. The G5 2.0Ghz and 1.8Ghz are death already but i could use the case.

checked Ebay but some charges over $100.- for Postage,and PSU could i find non at all.
Its a hard Life with Apple. Just the Quality of the G4 MDD gives me enough Trust to follow them further.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Thinking a bi on a logicboard with 2 Quad Core and higher Amount Ram,
but
why would anyone sell a good Mac on Ebay?

Do you mean buying parts of a Mac Pro seperatels or do you mean buying PC-parts and building a hackintosh?

Were are you located, if shipping costs 100USD?

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Ah thanx,but im not sure if a Mini would run Day and Night for month as my desktop do,without wearing out. my g4 even heats the house.
thats actually the main reason why i dont look after a macbook as i think they would also have a Temperature problem if i keep running them Day and Neight.
at Moment i run 2 1.42 Ghz and 1 1.25 ghz. The G5 2.0Ghz and 1.8Ghz are death already but i could use the case.

checked Ebay but some charges over $100.- for Postage,and PSU could i find non at all.
Its a hard Life with Apple. Just the Quality of the G4 MDD gives me enough Trust to follow them further.

We have a Late 2012 mini with a Quad Core i7 and that machine is on 24/7 as a server for 27 iMacs in a school lab. We've had the mini on non-stop since March!

Tyroler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hatfield, UK
Do you mean buying parts of a Mac Pro seperatels or do you mean buying PC-parts and building a hackintosh?

Were are you located, if shipping costs 100USD?
Im thinking on ebay,yes,parts from Mac pro,as i couldn't find PC Motherboard with 2 CPU

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
The mac mini is a very cool running computer. Mine was running 24/7 for 3+ years and it never had a problem. I don't think you will be disappointed.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Post Translated

To the OP: Your post was complete and utter garbage, please type legibly.

Should I wait for the new mac pro? How good will the new Mac Pro be, and how much will it cost? Should I get a used Mac Pro, as I need two optical drives, and do not want to have my table covered with thunderbolt peripherals. Should I use my G5 case to build a hackintosh? My MDD 1.42GHz has issues running Facebook, it must be restarted every few hours. Due to an evil company, named apple's, greed I can't run modern software.
I'm thinking about buying a Mac Pro logicboard, a C2Q CPU, and some RAM to put together.
Why would anyone sell a good Mac on ebay for good prices, it would probably have something wrong with it, and is only being sold as working before it won't work at all and may only be sold for repair. I'd rather get parts from a broken mac and put them together. We don't know the price of the new Mac Pro yet, and it won't have an optical drive.
As most of you have experience with this, I'm posting this, and thanks in advance.

Tyroler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Hatfield, UK
Post Translated

To the OP: Your post was complete and utter garbage, please type legibly.

Should I wait for the new mac pro? How good will the new Mac Pro be, and how much will it cost? Should I get a used Mac Pro, as I need two optical drives, and do not want to have my table covered with thunderbolt peripherals. Should I use my G5 case to build a hackintosh? My MDD 1.42GHz has issues running Facebook, it must be restarted every few hours. Due to an evil company, named apple's, greed I can't run modern software.
I'm thinking about buying a Mac Pro logicboard, a C2Q CPU, and some RAM to put together.
Why would anyone sell a good Mac on ebay for good prices, it would probably have something wrong with it, and is only being sold as working before it won't work at all and may only be sold for repair. I'd rather get parts from a broken mac and put them together. We don't know the price of the new Mac Pro yet, and it won't have an optical drive.
As most of you have experience with this, I'm posting this, and thanks in advance.

i dont want build a hackintosh
just got a second chance offer £177.- for mac pro.8 cores 8 ghz 12 gb ram 2 Tb Hard drive with heat-problem.
It goes off after a short while with overheating,and Service Centre believes on a bad Backpanell.
Well,have a few Hour to investigate what could the Fault be,and how much cost fixing or replacing backpanell.
Its a Mac Pro 3.1
I wouldn't do it for the Mac Pro 1.1 but the 3.1 seems me young enough to upgradeOSX to Maveric (I think)
Could be,well,.... You m,ay know better,But i'd like to have only Apple Parts in the Case to keep high Quality Level upright

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.