Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi All,
What do you reckon the spec of the iPhone 5C will be? iPhone 5, 4 or a 5S with different back? Thinking of getting one if the specs not to bad, I don't use my phone enough!

Jake

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Supposedly the 5C will nearly be identical to the 5 as far as hardware and internals, even the camera is supposed to be the same as the 5. It's a cheaper option, so it won't be as good of an upgrade as the 5S, obviously.

Here is an excerpt from an article on Phone Arena, regarding the 5C:

It is believed that the iPhone 5C will be very similar to the iPhone 5 in terms of hardware. That means it is going to have the same 4-inch LCD display with resolution of 640 by 1136 pixels, a dual-core Apple-made SoC backed by 1GB of RAM, and an 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with a single LED flash. A 1.2MP cam for selfies should also be present. Storage space will be internal only, as always, with either 16,32, or 64 gigabytes at the user's disposal. No word on battery capacity yet, but the iPhone 5C battery isn't likely to be much larger than the 1440mAh cell currently used in the iPhone 5.

Basically a polycarbonate iPhone 5. I think a lot of teens (who on average, dont buy their own phone) will get the 5C.

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
???

1. Same display

2. A6 CPU

3. Same Camera sensor as the iPhone 5

4. Same single flash

5. Plastic casing

I would wait for some reviews prior to a purchase, but it should be an OK phone never the less

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
???

1. Same display

2. A6 CPU

3. Same Camera sensor as the iPhone 5

4. Same single flash

5. Plastic casing

I would wait for some reviews prior to a purchase, but it should be an OK phone never the less

If these are the specs of the 5C, then it's going to be a hit! Those specs are awesome for a device that's supposed to be thought of as "cheap". iPhone 5 class specs for $0-99 on contract would be an incredible option for a lot of people. Hell, both my parents would probably get that over the 5S along with my sister.

krazykleo

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2013
Everywhere and nowhere
Hi All,
What do you reckon the spec of the iPhone 5C will be? iPhone 5, 4 or a 5S with different back? Thinking of getting one if the specs not to bad, I don't use my phone enough!

Jake

I am also in the same boat as you. I really don't use my phone enough besides email and a little bit of text messages...so I am waiting for the reviews of the 5C.

If not I'll go with something else. Probably not lol :confused:

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
I am also in the same boat as you. I really don't use my phone enough besides email and a little bit of text messages...so I am waiting for the reviews of the 5C.

If not I'll go with something else. Probably not lol :confused:

yeah, oh well not long away now hopefully!

----------

Everyday there are threads like this, wait and see we are not diviners here :D

chill

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.