Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
But doesn't let me control the screen. It just shows a low battery indication

I've been at the 1% line for over a hour now, and now it JUST tells me low battery. But it's still playing music, and I can control it with the buttons on the side.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Lasted a full extra hour before it died, hahahaha.

Last edited:

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
But doesn't let me control the screen. It just shows a low battery indication

I've been at the 1% line for over a hour now, and now it JUST tells me low battery. But it's still playing music, and I can control it with the buttons on the side.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Lasted a full extra hour before it died, hahahaha.

Hey Jess! Lol, you sounded happy it died? It still works, right? I remember my very first iPod was a iPod Nano I bought in 2006, I believe it's the 2nd generation with pictures and video... but iTunes was being a pain and I didn't use the Nano as much and sold it off eventually. I should have waited a while longer and go for the iPod touch 1st Gen but oh well! ;P am happy with my 5th Gen.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hey Jess! Lol, you sounded happy it died? It still works, right? I remember my very first iPod was a iPod Nano I bought in 2006, I believe it's the 2nd generation with pictures and video... but iTunes was being a pain and I didn't use the Nano as much and sold it off eventually. I should have waited a while longer and go for the iPod touch 1st Gen but oh well! ;P am happy with my 5th Gen.

I just found it ironic that "low battery" now means that you have a hour left of playback, but you gotta use it as if it was an iPod Shuffle. :rolleyes:

Were you using a Windows machine with your Nano? I was using one with the 3rd generation iPod, and yeah, iTunes was a pain.

When I bought the original iPhone, I used that as a iPod until the App Store was introduced.Otherwise the iPod became redundant to me. But I just HAD to have the new models that came out last year. :eek:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Not sure if it's the same 'issue' (is this even an issue?! :p ) but my MBP often lasted on reserve power for an hour. It was due to me not calibrating the battery in an age, and after doing so the readings it gave were pretty accurate.

Now, no idea if it's the same thing but it may just be worth cycling the battery if you haven't already and see what happens.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Not sure if it's the same 'issue' (is this even an issue?! :p ) but my MBP often lasted on reserve power for an hour. It was due to me not calibrating the battery in an age, and after doing so the readings it gave were pretty accurate.

Now, no idea if it's the same thing but it may just be worth cycling the battery if you haven't already and see what happens.

I always let the thing drain all the way...

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I just found it ironic that "low battery" now means that you have a hour left of playback, but you gotta use it as if it was an iPod Shuffle. :rolleyes:

Were you using a Windows machine with your Nano? I was using one with the 3rd generation iPod, and yeah, iTunes was a pain.

When I bought the original iPhone, I used that as a iPod until the App Store was introduced.Otherwise the iPod became redundant to me. But I just HAD to have the new models that came out last year. :eek:
Ironic? It's not unusual.
http://www.apple.com/ipod-nano/specs.html
With that kind of playback time, low battery warning would be at roughly the 3% mark. Most devices begin warning you at 5-20%.

I always let the thing drain all the way...
There is no reason to do that, any more than once every month or two to calibrate the battery gauge. It's better to charge more frequently.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Ironic? It's not unusual.
http://www.apple.com/ipod-nano/specs.html
With that kind of playback time, low battery warning would be at roughly the 3% mark. Most devices begin warning you at 5-20%.

There is no reason to do that, any more than once every month or two to calibrate the battery gauge. It's better to charge more frequently.

I use the iPod for 20 minutes everyday when I walk. I can do that for like 30-60 days without ever hooking it to the computer to charge. I only charge it whenever it completely dies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.