Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1
fleeper
macrumors 6502

mapping network drive

Ok,

I have VPN access on my MBA but I want to map my network drive onto my mac. I have a work laptop (Windows PC) that I can VPN back into the network and see my work drive. Is there anyway to use that to find the info needed so that I can map that network drive onto my mac (be able to see it when I use VPN)?

Thanks.
fleeper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Mapping network volumes to drives is a Windows thing. Even Windows users have moved past that paradigm for the most part. Just mount your network volume on your Desktop. It will behave like a local drive. Simply double-click the desired SHARED server in your Finder Siderbar, select your Network icon, Go/Network menu item, or Go/Connect to Server... dialog box.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion