Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
i just ordered one with black rails. I watched Larry Greenburg review and really like the holster it comes with. I used a otter defender but like the idea of a little slimmer profile. its a really expensive case but hope it works out. I will post thoughts after I get it.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
got the Rogue case today for my 5s. i have only had the case on for a few hours- my initial impressions are pretty positive. I'm surprised that I haven't seen more about this case online. Larry Greenburg did a great review as always so if you want pics and see what it looks like check that vid out. One reason I was attracted to this case is it comes with a hard holster. I have had a lot of cases and I must say this one is truely unique. The holster is unique as it hooks on to your belt from the top of the clip and it does not rotate which allows it to be slim unlike my otter defender. i really like the way the case wraps around the front on the top and bottom. the case is kinda slippery which is quite different than my otter box. I like to set my phone on my dash board sometimes to listen to the radio or talk on speaker phone but this case is too slippery for that unlike the otter box defender. if you like to slip your phone into your pocket you will like this case. the way the side rails "pin" in is very different from anything else on the market. the case is very good looking with the black rails. the case has no looseness at all- its a very solid fit and the carbon insert looks great too- it just has no grip feeling. follow up to this after more time spent with it...

Attachments

• e3.jpeg
    e3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 193

4theking

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
FWIW, I had the Element Black Ops bumper case on my 4s. The case was solid and stood up to serious abuse. My only gripe is that the case never felt good in my hands, especially when using it in landscape mode. That little bump on the bottom left is the issue.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
update tid-bit- I found out this morning that I can't use the holster with my gym shorts - the holster only works with a real belt- I really like the case so far but with the holster was a bit more functional- guess there must be a trade off between cool and different and really useful...:cool:

osubauer

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Bad experience

I customized a Rogue yesterday and asked to have the tactical carry pouch that is included with the Rogue Black Ops case instead of the hard plastic belt clip that is included with the customized one. Now it's my opinion that if you get to customize the entire case, you should get to choose the holster type as well since the price is the same for both. Nope! I was told I could add it to my order for an extra $20. Why would I pay an extra $20 (on top of the $100) for a second holster? I cancelled my order and am looking at a Lunatik Taktik Strike case. It appears to be just as well built and is a little more element proof.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.