Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
Here's the next-generation Nexus phone (Nexus 5)
nexusae0_unnamed-130.png

16GBs - $349

Official specs, according to a leaked service manual:
-4.95" 1080p (IPS TFT) display
-32GBs storage (no other capacities specified)
-2GBs RAM
-2.3GHz S800 CPU
-8MP Rear, 1.3MP FF cameras
-2300mAH battery
-Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
-Slimport support
-Micro SIM
-Notification Light
-Wireless Charging
-NFC

Last edited:

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
nexus-4-12-verge-1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Hmm it doesn't look like a Nexus 4, the flash on that looks tiny compared to the camera lens. On the nexus 4 thee flash is bigger than the lens. Looks like he's got a bumper of some kind around it.

Last edited:

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I saw this picture earlier, and the first thing I noticed was his phone. I hope they take a turn more like the Moto X. Larger scree, in a smaller body. Great to see that a new Nexus is coming, but with the lack of LTE, the N4 was a bit of a disappointment for me. The Note 3 will be my next! :cool:

Sensamic

macrumors 68030
Mar 26, 2010
This same thing happened last year too with the Nexus 4! A video of Google showed the Nexus 4 before being announced and they took the video off the web.

Yay! I like the new design. I would love if the back is made just like the Nexus 7.

Seems bigger. I hope it's a bigger screen.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Looks like it could be a 5 inch screen..

(Wonder if anyone noticed there's a girl in the picture lol)

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Hoepfully, this one isn't made by LG.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4691652/did-google-just-leak-the-nexus-5-kitkat-video

"The employee in question is holding what looks like a new Nexus device, with the rear of the device featuring a horizontal Nexus logo — just like the new Nexus 7— and a matte finish and large camera lens that hasn't appeared on any existing Nexus devices. The mystery device also includes an LG logo at the rear, meaning the two companies may be collaborating on another Nexus handset."

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I hope it doesnt have glass all around it. One big reason i didnt get the N4. I have read that the GS5 is possibly going to have a metal body or some other type of material other than plastic.

appleofmy"i"

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
I have a copy of the video. Is there a place I can upload it where Google won't come after me?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
This same thing happened last year too with the Nexus 4! A video of Google showed the Nexus 4 before being announced and they took the video off the web.

Yay! I like the new design. I would love if the back is made just like the Nexus 7.

Seems bigger. I hope it's a bigger screen.

Agreed if the back material is the same as the latest Nexus 7--great looking soft touch plastic was felt good in the hand. If it truly is from LG, it's not a leap to assume it's based off the new G2 which I personally find a bit too big, was hoping for something of the Moto X size/form factor.

All the latest news is for larger and larger devices (HTC One Max, new Acer phone, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, G2, Note III, Oppo N1). Are consumers really that enamored with giant phones? A great number of people (not just iPhone users) see my HTC One and usually comment that it's a great looking phone but too big for their tastes. I don't want to go any bigger (and thus why the Moto X was so intriguing) but it's quickly looking like my future choices are diminishing rapidly. :(

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Agreed if the back material is the same as the latest Nexus 7--great looking soft touch plastic was felt good in the hand. If it truly is from LG, it's not a leap to assume it's based off the new G2 which I personally find a bit too big, was hoping for something of the Moto X size/form factor.

All the latest news is for larger and larger devices (HTC One Max, new Acer phone, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, G2, Note III, Oppo N1). Are consumers really that enamored with giant phones? A great number of people (not just iPhone users) see my HTC One and usually comment that it's a great looking phone but too big for their tastes. I don't want to go any bigger (and thus why the Moto X was so intriguing) but it's quickly looking like my future choices are diminishing rapidly. :(

I have seen some rumors saying LG will make a Nexus 5 and Motorola will make a new Nexus 4. If true, it could help diversify their Nexus lineup and really grow the Nexus brand. But it is just a rumor. Take it with however much salt you want.

Those sneaky buggers at Google.

Now that's how you leak.

That camera lens is huge. Interesting. Maybe Google is finally going to take Nexus cameras seriously.

The glass on top of the camera on the Nexus 7 is huge but the camera itself sucks. The cutout for the camera is not indicative of a good camera. They could simple be doing this to have more of a consistent design language.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/3/4691652/did-google-just-leak-the-nexus-5-kitkat-video

"The employee in question is holding what looks like a new Nexus device, with the rear of the device featuring a horizontal Nexus logo — just like the new Nexus 7— and a matte finish and large camera lens that hasn't appeared on any existing Nexus devices. The mystery device also includes an LG logo at the rear, meaning the two companies may be collaborating on another Nexus handset."

Well that sucks then. I refuse to buy any LG phone.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I have a feeling there will be a nexus 5 and a 2nd generation nexus 4. Gonna make it really hard to decide. I wouldn't mind going larger but it probably be up to what brand makes each.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
I wonder if Google will use Moto's software features found on their new line of phones. I would love to see those features and battery life make it to a Nexus priced phone, especially active notifications as I don't kind Amoled screens.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I have seen some rumors saying LG will make a Nexus 5 and Motorola will make a new Nexus 4. If true, it could help diversify their Nexus lineup and really grow the Nexus brand. But it is just a rumor. Take it with however much salt you want.

Bring it on! I hope so. Also, Xperia Z1 GPE, too, please.

Choices... choices for all!

oprah-free-car.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.