Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
I know there may be tutorials out there for this but likely not under the title I'm searching.

I have a bread image on a board, and I want to play around with something I should have really done when I shot the board, but didn't think to, so now I want to try & touch it in Photoshop.

I want the board to look like it's had flour scattered across it, or sprinkled on it. It needs to look organic, and possibly be in a spray, like it's been tossed at the board at an angle & settled organically.

Can anyone think of something they've seen which I can adapt to create this effect?

Thanks guys.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
I know there may be tutorials out there for this but likely not under the title I'm searching.

I have a bread image on a board, and I want to play around with something I should have really done when I shot the board, but didn't think to, so now I want to try & touch it in Photoshop.

I want the board to look like it's had flour scattered across it, or sprinkled on it. It needs to look organic, and possibly be in a spray, like it's been tossed at the board at an angle & settled organically.

Can anyone think of something they've seen which I can adapt to create this effect?

Thanks guys.

I would just google "flour on cutting board" or something and get rid of the background, then clone stamp it and warp it or whatever to make it look like it covers the majority of the board and looks more natural.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Or, get a green paper (needs to be only the size of the cutting board, really)... toss some flour on it 'til you get what you want then remove the green and add the flour layer to the cutting board. Lots of tutorials on Green Screen...

Luck

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Or, get a green paper (needs to be only the size of the cutting board, really)... toss some flour on it 'til you get what you want then remove the green and add the flour layer to the cutting board. Lots of tutorials on Green Screen...

Luck

Green Screen. That's what I should be searching!

Cheers :)

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
not green screen, just flour on a black sheet, flour is white, you can set the layer to screen and it will get rid of the black

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.