Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Seems like every time I share a new folder with Windows VM from my Mountain Lion host, I have to reboot my Windows VM because I can't write to the shared folder. This is so damn annoying.

Even with my Kali Linux VM, I get "Seek error in swap file: Invalid argument" when trying to vim and modify files that exist on this share. This I can't get rid of, and I try to ignore it as much as I can.

Does anyone else have or has had the same issue that I'm having now and have fixed this?

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Seems like every time I share a new folder with Windows VM from my Mountain Lion host, I have to reboot my Windows VM because I can't write to the shared folder. This is so damn annoying.

Even with my Kali Linux VM, I get "Seek error in swap file: Invalid argument" when trying to vim and modify files that exist on this share. This I can't get rid of, and I try to ignore it as much as I can.

Does anyone else have or has had the same issue that I'm having now and have fixed this?

Nevermind. Problem solved. Seems like mounting and sharing a truecrypt container to the VM is causing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.