Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adobe today announced a new $9.99 per month Photoshop Photography Program that includes Photoshop Creative Cloud, Adobe Lightroom, 20GB of online storage and a membership to Adobe's Behance portfolio website.

The $9.99 per month price is available to current owners of Photoshop CS3 or higher who sign up by the end of 2013.

Adobe_deal_equation_650px_proof6.jpg
Since introducing Photoshop CC, we've listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we're announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month:

- Photoshop CC
- Lightroom 5
- 20 GB of online storage
- Behance ProSite
- Access to Creative Cloud Learn's training resources
- Ongoing upgrades and updates
The Photoshop Photography Program is not currently live, but should launch in a few weeks.

The standard Photoshop Creative Cloud membership for new users is $19.99 per month, and does not include Lightroom.

Article Link: Adobe Offering Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $9.99/Month to Current Photoshop Owners

jadot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
Sorry, that's not good enough for me. I'll subscribe to a cloud service/server, but not to creative production software. There are other options.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Get it into your head, Adobe--I will not buy into rental schemes that make my software arbitrarily stop working. I don't even care if it's $.01/month. If you ever want any more of my money, offer a proper, non-rental version.

--Eric

SC54HI

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Just got a "hard" copy of LR 5 from B & H who had it on special last week for $99.

carlemil

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Word.
And on top of that the Adobe CC pricing in Denmark is absolutely ridiculous — $123 (DKK688) per month!!!
Give me a break.

That's only if you haven't had a copy of any former CS suite, in which case you get great discounts, and it's also including 25 % VAT and taxes, which you can deduct as a company.

Ideological I hate the idea of renting software, because it diminishes the incentive of innovation, but price wise, and in use, it's a fantastic product. My experience with CC for me and my associates has been phenomenal.

But again, I believe that they also should offer separately sold suites in parallel with subscription services. Just as Microsoft does with their great 365 service.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Really, $10/month for PS, LR and Behance is quite compelling and each app compliments the others. If live in these apps and this bundle makes sense for photographers.

Yeah, I'm not keen on being nickeled-and-dimed to death either but times are-a -changing. I predict a ton of subscriptions for this.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
Heads in sand

I guess Adobe have not heard of Pixelmator then?

Any Photographer can get the excellent Pixelmator for a £10 one time payment, instead of paying Adobe £10 per month forever! They can also get FREE online synced storage from DropBox or Google Drive and if they are into sharing stuff there is always Facebook. How is this an "Offer"?

Looks like Adobes feet could have holes in them eh?

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Translation: This whole concept is starting to bomb and we'll do whatever we can to make it seem viable.

Quit trying to appeal to the house-wife demographic and get back to working for professionals.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Really, $10/month for PS, LR and Behance is quite compelling and each app compliments the others. If live in these apps and this bundle makes sense for photographers.

Yeah, I'm not keen on being nickeled-and-dimed to death either but times are-a -changing. I predict a ton of subscriptions for this.

If you are already paying (or were considering paying) a monthly fee for website hosting, this seems like it might be an attractive offer.

We already have CS5 Standard and were already thinking about getting Lightroom, as the photography workflow is much better than straight PS. Might consider doing this instead.

Gus Van Der Mee

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013

The times are only changing if you subscribe to this ********.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
What I really want to see is some sort of access to my own files after I choose not to renew my subscription to CC. After a year or two Adobe should allow one to keep the last version of the software one was using. Without that one is perpetually dependent on continuing the CC subscription just to access one's own files. That's a deal killer.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
Translation: I don't make enough money with their software so I will be opposed to any pricing structure.

If "renting" their software for $10/mo allows you to earn a living income every month $10 is less than the cost of a single lunch out.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
At least $20/month isn't rediculous. I get it with the student discount for $240 a year. Not too bad, but I don't think I'll be doing that for much longer, although I have to finish my contract now...

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
I really hope Apple updates Aperture soon with some of the awesome stuff that Lightroom has, because I really don't want to install Adobe software on my computer.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Translation: I don't make enough money with their software so I will be opposed to any pricing structure.

If "renting" their software for $10/mo allows you to earn a living income every month $10 is less than the cost of a single lunch out.

Yep. :rolleyes:

I pay $30 something a month for mine, and WOW has it worked out very well for me. I had to learn After Effects down the road, and am now learning Flash. It's at a price point that works for me, and the perks outweigh the overall cost. TypeKit is great, and I love how I have access to it In-App now. And I love that I have 20GB that I can access anywhere. I use it instead of Dropbox.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
How kind of them to offer this rip off for a "limited time".
Yep. This is what Adobe's not getting. "Limited time" says to me that I'll get to pay the "low, low" price of $9.99 a month for maybe a year, and then they'll jack it up to something considerably higher next year because I'm hooked and can't easily go backwards. They need to stop with this "limited time" crap and just settle on a price - a LOW price - and MAYBE I'll trust them. I don't love the idea of renting software but I can live with it if I know it's not going to keep increasing in cost year after, or on a whim, whenever they feel like it. Adobe has a lost a LOT of goodwill with the CC. Or, well, what goodwill they had left.

Gus Van Der Mee

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013

Translation: I payed for CS3 just once and it makes me money till this day without any recurring fees.

That's simple logic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.