Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
With OS X I'm used to be able to see which networks nearby are 2GHz and which networks are 5GHz, and for each network which channel they are on.
Is there any such app on iOS? Searching trough App Store with "wifi analyzer", "wifi spectrum" etc but don't find anything (only apps that scans your connected network)

Thanks!

westsidesurfing

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2014
With OS X I'm used to be able to see which networks nearby are 2GHz and which networks are 5GHz, and for each network which channel they are on.
Is there any such app on iOS? Searching trough App Store with "wifi analyzer", "wifi spectrum" etc but don't find anything (only apps that scans your connected network)

Thanks!

Im having the same problem, there must be wifi spectrum analyzer for iphone for 2ghz and 5 ghz ? Android has several apps for this, apple must too.

any help on a good app would be much appreciated

what I'd like specifically is an iphone app that can detect and list all the 2ghz and 5ghz frequencies that are being used in my immediate area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.