Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyDJunior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
After using the beta of IOS i thought about whether i'd even need to jailbreak

Besides the Free apps that Installous or that alternative Asian app is there any other reason and all i can up with was

1. Date and Time On Banner
2. Multiple Fonts if not in Final Version of IOS 7

Thats all i ended up coming with, is there you guys would like to see in the Official OS 7 Jailbreak

crewpride

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Southern California
For me, the things I would miss the most without a jailbreak are quick reply for messaging, the ability to use tethering without signing up for their stupid plans. Also pandora downloader, instasave for saving Instagram photos, and fakeclockup (default animations are too slow, are they sped up in ios7?)

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Animations are slower, still. Not as bad as earlier betas (1-3). Hopefully there will be a major leap from beta 6 to GM.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
I'll still nee to jailbreak to use f.lux on my iPad. Apple needs to either incorporate something like it into the OS or allow it to be added to the App Store. So frustrating. I'll probably be stuck on iOS 6 for a long time.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Even with iOS 7 I still need Robert Broglia's gaming emulators (Snes9x EX, NES.emu, GBA.emu, GBC.emu) with bluetooth controller support, hence, I jailbreak ;)

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Jailbreaking will still be required to switch the default mapping app back to Google Maps.

And to allow full file system access/bluetooth file transfer to non-Apple devices.

People who use a browser other than Safari will still want Nitrous too.

I'd expect to see some jailbreak tweaks to replace bits of Control Center too (for example I imagine some people would love to replace one of the buttons with a connect to corporate VPN one).

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
instasave for saving Instagram photos

There's an app in the App Store called Instake that does this. It doesn't work directly from the Instagram app, but still, it's free and it's painless.

I'm very happy with iOS 7, but I would still jailbreak to get f.lux, some customization of the Control Center buttons, BiteSMS' Quick Reply, and the ability to theme (I already miss FlatIcons).

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
I dont think apple has even come close to eliminating the demand for jailbreaking. In fact I expect to see the floodgates opend on all kinds of new possabilities.

I kind of wish that cydia would take this opertunity to reinvent itself. I would like to see them ditch the repository system and become more like the app store but without the restrictions. That way everything is faster, better managed, and its not as easy to add pirated repositories.

Also lets loose the deb ststem.. I perpose .Ipt files (iphone tweak). They could be self contained apps like .ipa files and could be synced to a 3rd party pc/mac app, icloud, or even make an itunes tweak to permit syncing there. The apps would setup a user folder stucture.. similar to reguler apps with file storage.. These apps would have a package that include an installable packsge for anything that goes outside of the self contained app.. There would also have to be "modes".. some tweaks dont display anything on sprinboard and some do.. Tweaks that do not have a springboard front end could still be displayed when entering edit mode so that they could be deleated like normal apps.. There could be dynamic page with all the apps either at the begining or end of springboard.. Only visible durring edit mode.

We could call this new system.. "The Tweak Store".. No??

K.. Enough daydreaming :)

gSOLO

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
TetherMe is probably the biggest thing I'll still need. There's a short list of other things that I could probably live without, but are nice to haves; tweaks that replace and or set the default to Google services (MapsOpener, Open in Chrome, Googiri, Activoice).

There's more, but in any case, I've still a need for the jailbreak. My 4S will be staying on iOS6 in the mean time.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
First and foremost, Flux! Close behind that, Bitesms, CallBar, Zephyr, Activator, SwipeSelection, ProTube, and iCleaner.

Until these are stock, I will ALWAYS jailbreak if given the option, not to mention any cool new jailbreak tweak possibilities which are the result of the new iOS and its new features.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
As mentioned, quite a few times already…f.lux for me. I'll be waiting for the jailbreak.

And also themeing. Yeah, can't hang with the pre-school colors. Sorry, but I've got two young kids and I get enough of primary colors all day every day already.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
There are so many other tweaks that a jailbreak can provide. I don't believe Apple will ever make jailbreaking obsolete.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I would probably want JB on iOS 7 so i can add some theme which makes the phone look like iOS 5/6. I like the more polished look of these versions. May be it is just me.
Also zephyr/lockinfo are things which i cannot really think not using it.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
For all you people who are hoping to theme iOS 7, Saurik had some interesting comments on Resdit regarding this topic. It's worth the read if you are hoping to theme iOS 7.

http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/comments/1kth1i/behind_the_art_of_ios_theming_with_sk37ch/

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I would probably want JB on iOS 7 so i can add some theme which makes the phone look like iOS 5/6. I like the more polished look of these versions. May be it is just me.
Also zephyr/lockinfo are things which i cannot really think not using it.

I think zephyr will need to be redesigned because of control center (i think that was what it was called?) and multitasking GUI change

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.