Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I created an Eliminator Challenge on ESPN, and its open to anyone who wants to play here. The challenge is simple, you choose one team who you think will win each week, but once you choose that team, you cannot use them again for the rest of the season. So if you choose New England this week for example, you cannot use them as a winning choice for the rest of the season.

LINK

The name of the group is:

MacRumors

The password is:

macrumors

Join soon, because the first game is tonight, that is if you wanted to pick Baltimore or Denver as a winner.

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm in too.

I've never played this before so I have a question. If the team I pick loses, does that mean my season is over?

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm in.
So I don't actually have to pick by tonight if I'm not picking Balt or Denver, right?

I've played in a cut throat league before offline. I was out in the third week. :(

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
A lot of these game could go either way. So I found a sure win. Sorry Bills.:p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Kinda early to use the Patriots.
I was going by matchups. A lot of the teams seem even. I saw a lot of people picking the Colts, that game doesn't look like a sure win to me. Neither do the Broncos tonight.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I was going by matchups. A lot of the teams seem even. I saw a lot of people picking the Colts, that game doesn't look like a sure win to me. Neither do the Broncos tonight.

I agree that there are a lot of toss-up games this week.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I'm in!

A lot of these game could go either way. So I found a sure win. Sorry Bills.:p

I wanna survive week 1, so Patriots it is. Tampa Bay looks enticing, but its an away game and I'd rather not pick them and risk the season so early on a road game. The only way I'd pick an away team this weekend is if they were playing the Bills... So, mission accomplished! :D

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
I'm in! Never done one of these but it always seemed pretty cool... As long as I make it past week 1 I'll be happy.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I'm in. So this is kinda like ballsy cutthroat ?

If you wanna win make sure the team you pick either loses or you know isn't going to have a good season.

Do I have that sorta right or are my meds kicking in a bit too much ?

:eek:

[edit]

nvm.

[/edit]

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.